Overbridge or Main Outs for recording?

trying to find out what would sound best to record the sounds from my digitakt into a daw. Also if there’s a way to sync up the midi clock so i can just press one button in the daw to start recording that would be cool too but i dunno how all that works. I haven’t really given a major effort into recording my digitakt stuff into the daw yet because i’ve just spent the last month or two learning how to use the digitakt itself.

Thankies
-weasel

Definitely Overbridge - the default settings will sync digitakt playback with your daw.

1 Like

Overbridge is more convenient and accurate for timing in my experience. Overbridge will do what you mention (pres play/record in your daw, it will play the DT).
However, you may have to record the master out (still via Overbridge though) if you have a lot of things happening in stereo, as currently you can only record stereo sounds separately and not per track (tracks are all mono). To address this, I record the master out via Overbridge for the tracks with lots of panning/fx going on by just muting the other tracks (that means I have to do multiple takes, as many as the tracks I want to record).
I wish there was an option to actually keep the stereo information separate for each track for multitracking but that’s the way it is :frowning:

4 Likes