Overbridge not making sound

Hi guys,

For the last days Overbrigde with my Analog Rytm MKI stopped working properly. I´ve tried everything and the Rytm is running (sometimes not even that after restarting mac and the machine) but no sound is ever coming out through Overbridge. I have checked and:

• Overbridge engine status is “idle”
  • Overbridge version is 2.0.47.1
  • Firmware on Rytm is 1.60A
  • Mac OS 10.12.6

Any ideas? I guess I´m not the only one with problems with Overbridge as everyone I talk to have issues normally. I used to love this machine but I´m really thinking about selling it. I can´t understand how it works so badly.

Thanks everyone!

I’ve just started up Overbridge for the first time since the 2.0.47.1 update and suddenly I’m not getting any sound either.

I can see that audio is being generated through the meters in the Overbridge control panel, but it’s not being routed to my ASIO outputs for some reason. Doesn’t matter whether I’m using the A4/AR/DN.

If I open up the standalone Digitone instrument and check my audio options I can hear the test tone, but triggering sounds through the interface just shows audio in the control panel but not being routed to the ASIO outputs.

I’ll keep investigating.

Hmm, so I can’t get it to work at all. Tried restarting everything, desktop included. Changed audio output to just use Windows audio to rule out an issue with the ASIO driver and my RME Fireface UFXII.

I might try reinstalling Overbridge, and if that doesn’t work I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling the older version.

So I’ve discovered that if I route the BD to the Main Output on the AR and enable the main outputs in OB, then I can hear the BD. And that seems to have fixed everything - by re-enabling the direct outputs and turning them off again, and also routing individual parts to the main outs and disabling them again - everything appears to be working as it was before.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

What DAW are you using? Just saying this in case you didn´t rout the outputs from the Overbridge Midi Channel to one or several audio channels to get the sound. Regards.

I’m in Studio One. Everything was set up right - it was just some glitch in needing to redo the routing in the Elektron machines. Once I got sound out of the standalone apps I was able to re-open my Studio One Overbridge template and everything worked as it used to.

1 Like

Did you get your original problem sorted out?