Overbridge // No Midi Over USB

Trying to get my Digitakt setup in Ableton via Overbridge but can’t seem to get midi over USB working. I’ve read through the manual, set up my tracks accordingly, scoured the internet and tried seemingly everything but nothing so far. I haven’t managed to slave Ableton to the Digitakt’s clock either, if the two happen to be related.

https://imgur.com/a/uYOn1as

Midi over USB is supposed to be a feature of Overbridge, right? Has anyone else run into this?

My midi settings on the DT:

Sync

• Clock Receive: No

• Clock Send: Yes

• Prog Ch Receive: Yes

• Prog Ch Send: Yes

Port Config

• [All Factory Settings]

• Input From: Midi+USB

• Output to: Midi+USB

• Output Ch: Auto Ch

Channels

• 1-8: Set 1-8, respectively

• A-H: Set off

• FX Control Ch: 9

• Auto Ch: 14

• Prog Chg In & Out: Auto

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, only with the au in LPX. All aspects of the plugin are working, and I can hear audio and manipulate the parameters, but I’m unable to record via midi from the Digitakt.
Curious if you’ve had any luck getting it to work since your post?

1 Like

I wrote to Elektron at the time I posted this and they confirmed that there is no MIDI out solution via Overbridge at this time, just MIDI in:

“The plugin only accepts MIDI but is not sending MIDI from the unit to Ableton. I would like to see MIDI from the unit to Ableton via the plugin as well and I’ve had that as a long standing feature request. I hope it will happen in the future.”

It should work via the MIDI port but I haven’t had a go at that yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I can confirm that it will work if you use the midi port in addition to the usb port for over bridge.
Hopefully they’ll implement MIDI via USB soon.

1 Like

Seems like an instance where things have gone backwards!

1 Like

same with A4. I can’t play any channel different from track1 through ableton. No midi over usb in ovb mode, so I can only play the A4 arming the overbridge midi track.

1 Like