Overbridge news

Discussion:

Donā€™t think it was a case of listening to customers.
Elektron is a business justifiably looking to make money however they can.
More a case of Elektron not being able to deliver OB by promised time, coupled with the probable teething issues when it is released, this not acceptable on a paid for product, but tolerable on a product handed out for free.

I see it as an improvement in their value proposition. Given that lots of companies include software with their hardware, I am not sure the customers expect less. As a former consumer software developer for a very large player, I can tell you that expectations seem to be just as high for free updates as paid ones. Everyone expects released software to work as advertised.

1 Like

Also that combined with the new customers of Elektron- too much at stake when the new customers might not be at fanboy forgiveness status yet.

Overbridge premium is probably going to happen sometime down the line- however, thatā€™s a price Iā€™d be willing to pay for an excellent program that works decently out of the gate

@Void might come up with an app. He kinda developed an OB-like app for the RYTM and he just released an iOS app for Digitakt(which, to me, means heā€™s on the case for it) a Void app is worth every penny- as he updates them often and unlocks the machines to incredible capabilities

3 Likes

What is the App called?

TBH if not overbridge then a class compliant audio device mode for iOS would be amazing

2 Likes

Yes but when something is free at least you canā€™t ask for your money back

The ones for RYTM:

Strom for iOS really cool!

It also can be paired with SDS Drop(if you have a Mac(with Strom you can do wireless sample transfer)- and thereā€™s an upgrade where the RYTM can play stereo samples!

The one for DT:

SRC Transfer

I would implement an overall samplemanagement and editing environment, cloud connected, including an iOS app to control every overbridgable machine with MIDI learnable parameters

1 Like

Midi learn would be awesome through OB! Like- this is going to be the first midi sequencer available with OB Iā€™m hoping for something cool with that along with dropping audio from Ableton into the DT.

Canā€™t wait!

This just adds one more reason to many why Iā€™m a loyal Elektron custermer.

official word on price hike was USD <-> SEK exchange rate fluctuation

Sorry, late reply. I would say that the workaround would be to use Direct Change, but double checking the settings of the Digi/OT, it seems itā€™s only available on the A4/RYTM. butts. You could try reducing the pattern change time in the advanced scale options and see how you go, or try making the digi the master and the OT the slave. (i donā€™t remember having that problem with Monomachine+OT in the past) but yeah. Totally frustrating when things donā€™t work like you want them to. The other workaround would probably be to create parallel arrangements on both machines, but yeck. or write all of your patterns on the one machine, and just control the other from Midi tracks.

Great news, Thank you Elektron :clap::+1::smiley:

5 Likes

Niiice

(One of my favorite bass lines)

2 Likes

I donā€™t see OB Standalone as Maschineā€¦ But more for Monitoring and Prepare (Sound Synthesis - Sample with Visual feedback)

But I guess no-one can tell for now :wink:

Nope. Because Overbridge to me is to go further in the track construction stepā€¦ and get all audio in the DAW in any case. Maybe also going crazy with modulations within the DAWā€¦ i will probably not use the standalone except if itā€™s bring something on the table. Like some organization, upload, backup tool or something the plugin donā€™t get.

i dinā€™t used maschine standalone when I have itā€¦ same for iZotope products except for RXā€¦ because itā€™s more an audio tool software to process final audio file.

But maybe it will be more FAST and STABLE because of less ressources shared between DAW, Pluginsā€¦

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just an editor, if it does pass audio I hope thereā€™s an option to disable itā€¦
For me as a live looper minimum latency is key, Iā€™d love to use the editor while monitoring through an analog mixer an not dealing with any software audio latencyā€¦
Whatever happens though Iā€™ll take itā€¦

2 Likes