Overbridge news

Nor do I. I just like the Idea

pretty good PR move. I think the main informationen is: ā€œSorry guys, Overbrdigde for Digitakt wont make it this year.ā€ I was looking forward that development of overbridge would speed up and become a solid peace of software ā€“ I would have paid for that. I hope that the fact thats its becomming free again doesnt mean that they didnt find a proper programmer and that ob will remain a stepchild that no one really cares about while updates only come once a year.

You can do this now. Just set the send/receive program change on the respective machines.

I canā€™t get it to work right, what am I missing? I am not a total novice either.

Thatā€™s great news. Seems like a stunt to buy them some time. Anyway - good for us users in the end. Thanks Elektron!!! :cool:

It sends the program change late, it cycles a full pattern than changes. I think the next OS update should fix this, fingers crossed

Will there be a public beta program?

Being free is obviously good but the question is why?
Pretty safe bet Elektron canā€™t meet the promised deadline for release, so rather than face the angry masses, keep them happy by offering it free, whenever it is finally released. Patience is a virtue

1 Like

Good News overall, even if it is a 2months delay for Digitakt customers.

This is really good news!
Free of charge!!
Standalone editor, yes!!

I am gonna invest in a 13" laptop and forget upgrading my ipad 2 to an Ipad Pro.
Digitakt + Dell XPS 13" + Ableton live for recording loops/one-shots/fx whatever
Sound Design Heaven and still portable, especially for the holidays

This year I was still finding out which could be the ultimate solution for this.
iPAD + portable soundcard (my Tascam iXR) but I still find DAWs like auria/beatmaker lacking the the workflow of Ableton live. I know iPAD + a small soundcard is really portable, but for me the workflow is the most important.

So in short I am very happy with this news, sounds promising for the future as well.

I am already counting down until Febā€¦ :loopy:

Sanity prevails. Nice one, guys!

Just for fun, I put the overbridge announcement through Google Translate. Hereā€™s what I got back

Hey Sweetie.
I know that I didnā€™t have time to get you a birthday present this year. I know that I promised that Iā€™d get you something this year but I had to do a bunch of other stuff to keep the money coming in. Iā€™m going to get you something next year and it will totally make up for it. Just a heads up, thereā€™s a possibility that I could get really busy at the beginning of the year but Iā€™ll do my best to get it to you ASAP because you mean so much to me. Isnā€™t that great!

2 Likes

Hi only had my rytm for a few months now and cant get overbridge to work right the machine keeps dropping out will this new update correct these problems ? also will it work with rytm mk1 ?

Februaryā€¦ that wasnā€™t part of the deal for Digitakt.
:frowning:

glad i jumped onto the digitakt before that price hikeā€¦so awesome that OB is now free!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they were selling licenses yet

If this was planned up front itā€™s simple and genius marketing IYAM.
:clown_face:

1 Like

so happy this is going to be the situation.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to support iOS?

1 Like

Glad to see this change in policy. Elektron machines are VERY expensive, and their software policy eased the pain somewhat of the purchase price.
It is good to see a company listen to their existing customer baseā€¦