Overbridge news

Nice…one elektron…

Look forward to feb

6 Likes

So, for the old MK1 boxes there will be no Standalone Program to support them ?

will there be a sample manager or library to use with the rytm mk1 instead of using SysEx?..please

4 Likes

THIS! Please, Elektron, without diminishing your wonderful announcement here… Please release Digitakt firmware with ability to dump and restore patterns via SysEx now. Several of us in this community are ready to take on the role of providing the computer side software - we just need the firmware support.

13 Likes

I don’t have a mark 2 or a digitakt but I’m still happy to see this, elektron are being really great to their users

2 Likes

Only the list items with the icon at the end are exclusive to the newer machines. There will be a standalone for mk1s

Maybe that will be included in the OS update due in December- possibly through their transfer app

Thank you Elektron. This I call customer oriented philosophy. If I hadn’t already my dark trinity and be very happy with it, I would get more from Elektron. I would like to see a new digital synth like the MM some day …

Keep up this great work :+1:

I trust that includes those OS’s supported at the original release date - there’s been a long long wait to get support and consistency for the various formats / DAWs - it’s been off and on for support in my preferred host, Max/MSP, and there’s never really been a fully working permutation without some issue (=buzzkill). I hope those of us who do not wish to risk the update merrygoround and stick with an OS can expect support too relating to the time of purchase. There was reason to hope Snow Leopard could’ve been included at the time of release, but this never transpired. I do hope that all that patience as a Mavericks user isn’t going to backfire, not only for Overbridge, but for the much anticipated and long promised/delayed Sample Management for the AR

A standalone app is a step up from the Ableton workaround, but it’d be nice to see some basic audio capturing (Mains even) included in there (if not already)

Hoping the forthcoming details reveal where we stand on this soon and that it’s good news for users who’ve waited patiently :thup:

5 Likes

There was that 50$ ish price bump on all the new boxes a short while back which is probably taking care of the OB costs.

I am quite pleased though, this is absolutely great news to wake up to today

3 Likes

Can’t wait for this. I mean I love my digitakt as it is but this will take it next level, knowing I can finish and polish the tracks I make to the max.

If it’s free I don’t mind waiting the extra few months, even if it has early release with reduced functions.

1 Like

I Love Elektron

All of this is great news ! :heart_eyes:

I thought it was already pretty good, I wonder if anybody had raised concerns about the UI and if so, what about.

Now that they mention it- dark font + dark background seems to be an illegible setting.

No longer will we have to suffer for fashion!

1 Like

As much as i completely understood the fact that it became paying because i imagine very well the work that it had to represent. (+ Technical support to deal with OB cases)

On the other hand, i also imagined that the fact that it became paying made it a kind of pledge in terms of demand towards us users. Indeed, difficult to take the risk of making something paying for the number of different systems if it is not PERFECT and I must say that this is a point on which i said i can not wait to see that , they must be sure of their software.

Well we will see in February 2018 and in the months that follow if indeed, it is a beautiful gift that they made us. I will not complain, it would have taken 2 licenses (AR MK2 and A4 MK2) it is certainly 200 euros that will go on the purchase of an ANALOG HEAT (Second Times)

But sure it’s a good news

3 Likes

Very nice move.

Love.

1 Like

good move.
i was starting to think about how things slow down toward xmas , people go on holidays , office close down…
if its not in release candidate already then its pushing it close.

2 months extra will definitely benefit the end product , which will inevitably have a few patches to fix bugs…
i hope its not pushed out any potential DT update though… even just a bug fix for the obvious things.

Thank you!

Nice move. Thumbs up !!!