Overbridge Multi-Outs not working Logic 10.5 Update

Has anyone figured this out?

I get the same weird selection of outs as @zorgillion in Logic with my Digitakt… but only the Stereo out works. When I rescan in Plug-In Manager, I get:

WARNING: Source AU supports multi-channel output but does not provide a channel layout

Unfortunately I’m not finding a Logic application back-up file, per @Mokosound’s quick fix…

Pete

Digitakt 1.11, Overbridge 2.0, Catalina 10.15.2, Logic Pro X 10.5

Sounds like it’s a known bug, according to posts on this forum:

Do you use Time machine? If so maybe you can retrieve the previous version from there, just be sure to change the name to before you put it in the applications folder

good thought…but unfortunately I do not…

same for me on a fresh install of logic 10.5 (no update). Lots of weird outputs and only stereo option working. No problems in i.e. Studio One

Logic 10.5 broke multi output audio on a number of plugins including waves and izotope. General rule that bears repeating every 4 months. Don’t update your shit if you don’t have to :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I can confirm that this is a known issue with the new update of Logic. This was elektron’s response to my ticket:

“Apple has confirmed that this is an issue in the latest version of Logic. Hopefully this will be fixed in a coming update, but we have not received any indication on when this will be done.”

I’ve sent a bug report to Apple as well.

2 Likes

same problem here.
Digitakt and Digitone AU won’t load.

anyone hear about an ETA when this might be addressed. this ones kind of a bummer :confused:
feels like a big ball has been dropped.

Works fine for me. No issues at all with Overbridge.
Running Analog Rytm MK1 with seperate outputs (USB).
I have the same number of outputs as before I updated Logic to 10.5.
I can load all the Elektron plugins.

MacPro 2009 running Mojave.

Try loading the AU :grimacing: :sob:

You can run the separate outs from USB: Audio/MIDI when you’ve routed them to their separate outs just fine.

I actually haven’t tried OB outs. (I think :grimacing: ) I’ll check in a bit.

Multi-outputs working fine for me also (for A4, Digitone, Digitakt). It’s strange that it’s affecting some users and not others. I hope that Apple issue a fix soon.

I have and it works perfect.

Guess we are lucky. What model of mac and OSX are you using?

Macbook Pro 2018, Mojave. Maybe if the fix is to open an older version of Logic and rescan the plugins, perhaps our plugins got rescanned recently for some reason? dunno.

Neither do I. I just did a regular update from App Store.

It seems this issue affects only Catalina OS, I think.

No not just Catalina, @zorgillion, the OP who reported it first here, uses Mojave

Ah! ok…
However it’s sure that Overbridge doesn’t work with Catalina and Logic 10.5 update, otherwise with Mojave there is some lucky man.

You have the DT and/or DN plugin werking in Logic 10.5?

Mine won’t load. And it’s been confirmed that it doesn’t werk. :thinking:

It works for me (both DN and DT).