Overbridge & macOS Big Sur

I think you are a bit too sensitive. Didnt say anything abusive. Indicating someone that he doesn’t understand it. Is not accusing. I know: because Im a teacher. It is an observation. But im not in your world. And you might find it an accusation…

On topic:
As indicated. Usb over audio works fine with big sur in case OB doesnt work. Digitakt can be selected as input. The user in question was talking about Digitakt btw. I also have a lot of outboard gear comnected via usb. And use aggregated devices all the time to combine them. It is the beauty of mac. I also do it for my digitakt and behringer TD3. In windows this cant be done I believe.

That’s pretty great, I didn’t know about aggregated devices. It doesn’t allow for multi-track recording though, like OB does. For me multi-track recording + perfect sync are the 2 features that makes OB so useful and different from anything else I know.

What i do is: mute all dgt tracks and record them one by one. Takes a bit more time. 4 min or so

I understand I can record audio via USB. Everything works, however my synthesizers that are connected via audio input on the DT are not able to be recorded. Any ideas?

When is it reasonable to expect the arrival of Big Sur and Logic Pro compatibility??
I feel like it’s starting to annoy me now, and I’m suppressing it… then I remind myself that since having my Elektron units I’ve hardly used Logic… it’s a dilemma.

1 Like

No idea. You are talking about plain recording input. Perhaps you haven’t correct input channel? That’s all i can think of.

maybe i was not clear enough - i do need the multitracking as i’m not recording single tracks and then putting everything together in the box. i record on a 32track mixing desk with about 64 channels of patchbay goodness and i do work live only which means i arrange live resp. rehearse / arrange and then record how many channels i need at once, including all sorts of fx on wet tracks…so i do need the single tracks - as the only thing i do in the box is basic editing if necessary plus final mixdown :wink:

@elektron - where is OB guys? I bought my devices after updating to Big Sur and it was sold to me with overbridge. How long this is gonna take? All other music brands figured it out at this point

1 Like

I do need OB as a VJ. I play live and send data from each track to my soundreactive visuals through OB. So please stop saying to people that they do not need OB nor use it correctly this is childish.

2 Likes

@elektron Can we get at least an update?

1 Like

@Elektron when can we expect Overbridge and M1 +big sur macs to work? We’re losing daylight here…

1 Like

yeah… thinking a bout selling my analog heath … it is taking too long

5 Elektron devices sitting idle here since July…

2 Likes

Really? Just because of Overbridge??

I got my first Elektron device (Digitakt) when I was already on Big Sur and Logic 10.6… at first I was a bit annoyed, but now I really appreciate the time spent with it (and other units I’ve bought since) in standalone mode without it being connected to my Mac.

I now believe if I’d have had the convenience of controlling them via my Mac from the start, I wouldn’t have connected with them in anywhere near the same way. Yes, we all feel peeved having to wait for updates, but now I personally massively value the learning experience it’s given me.

It would be nice though. :upside_down_face:

That’s the difference of course. I set up a workflow with overbridge and DAW integration - a lot of effort went into that.

1 Like

Manic Screams for Overbridge once again!!! To be fair, Apple have really dropped a clanger on all the software peeps, M1 is a f7ndamental shift. OB will have to be written from the ground up again. There’s a chance Elektron drop support for it, as they’re no commercial reason to support it. OB was me ant to be a paid for commercial model. It’ll cost them a lot to redevelop all those apps for no revenue, doesn’t make sense.

Here’s my 2 cents. I’m a Windows user running on an old system and I will be upgrading to Apple Silicon when Overbridge is compatible natively not through Rosetta 2. Apple announced that all of their desktops and laptops will use Apple Silicon SOC within 2 years of launching the M1 so not supporting ARM architecture will alienate all Apple users from November 2022 (we know that the the Overbridge M1 beta is being tested so it’s happening).

The M1 (and most likely M1X) run on the ARM V8 architecture, ARM have announced their V9 architecture and is likely to run for the next 10 years, so if Elektron get Overbridge right first time on the M1 with a possible update for the M2/ARM V9 we should be able to use Overbridge for the next decade without interruption.

The change from x86 to ARM is a milestone and in 5 years no one will support x86 for anything (from laptops to servers) because it’s so efficient.

As the saying goes, “Short term pain for long term gain”.

2 Likes

While I’ve basically given up hope for this ever actually getting updated, is anyone able to direct me on how to get audio from the AUDIO IN on my digitakt into ableton if i’m just using audio over USB into ableton?

I can only hear the samples my DT tracks are playing, but half of the reason I own a digitakt is to use it as an audio interface

1 Like

It’s not possible without OB. The USB AUDIO/MIDI option on the DT will only stream its internal audio to the computer, not the audio from its physical inputs.

Would be nice with an update on the topic of M1 support from Elektron.
For example: Any plans to go public beta? Or will it be launched in X weeks/months?

Just having a response of some sort would be nice and reduce the questions coming up again and again on this forum.