Overbridge macos 10.12.4

I am not able to enable any individual tracks from AR or A4. Can only assume it has to do with the macos update since i have’nt changed my usb-hub or anything else. the bandwidth meter does’nt even max out when i try to open up a channel, OB panel simply gives me an error suggesting freeing up bandwidth by removing stuff from hub (i did and only have ar and a4)

suggestions welcome/and or take this as a warning not to update to macos 10.12.4

here everything is working fine with 10.12.4, the ar and a4 under overbridge (using ableton live 9.7.1)

1 Like

odd. i reinstalled OB and were able to open 6/8 inputs from AR. None but mains from A4. Like i said, i have not changed anything in my setup besides getting an os-update which added night shift to macos. I have the latest ableton live but that’s besides the point, its OB control panel that refuses to enable channels.

try to connect them directly, not via the usb hub, maybe this helps

1 Like

id love to, but then i wont be able to use my soundcard and other gear :frowning:
(will try for troubleshooting)

no problem with direct connection. seems like the usb hub is giving up, so i guess i’ll have to get a overhub

yeah, the overhub is really a saver. not cheap, but stable and just works,

good to hear. top of the day to ya.

What the heck is that symbol in the info window? Alien? Gas mask?
Alien in a gas mask usb configuration overlord?

why do people still call audio interfaces “soundcards”:zonked:

maybe same reason gpu is referred to as graphics card. pc, mac, the list can be long

i choose to believe it’s a symbol for a stinking usb-hub :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same problem since the OS update. It was fine before, now i get the same message as the screen shot above, even when using Overhub. Already opened a ticket, but no reply yet.

good to know!

technically I recommend to make a fresh install with 10.12.5 when it will be available because this 10.X.5 is always the most stable version they call it .5 at the end for maturity. it’s like that since a long long time. as Digitakt coming there’s probably a good chance to see a new update of Overbridge as well as firmware upgrade for every overbridged devices…

if you serious with your music you must know it’s exactly at this point on TIME you will have the most update, working and less bugs version of your studio. Because after that new MacOS 10.13 (not 11 apparently) will be announced and then it will probably the nightmare for all of us. until 10.13.5 (and it takes more or less 8-10 months to become to this mature version of MacOS)

So 10.12.5 + Overbridge 1.xx = Backup and make music for 2017-2018
This time be aware and prepared

I did the fresh install, but still the same bandwidth error with overhub sadly.

You not read correctly my post was an alert-advise for June-September 2017 period :wink: not a reply to help you, I have not tested 10.12.4 with Overbridge for now but I will today so I will write if I encountered problems and if I succeed to resolve

got macos 10.12.4
OB 1.15.0
Ableton 97

fresh installation 2 days ago - no issues

Macos 10.12.4
OB 1.15.0

AK, AR, AH, AK suddenly can’t multichannel on my Overhub, only stereo out on 16 or 24bits. Was fine before 10.12.4. THe AR has kept its configuration(6 chan 24bits)

Ah, weird, it only fails when next to my Heat in the hub, when I change the USB port on the OH it works when Heat and AR are on the far ends, Ak is on port three.

I did activate on another hub so it might be just the activating which is an issue. Further investigation needed, but sunshine kids and zoo are calling :slight_smile:

1 Like

i uninstalled OB and installed, were able to open some channels on AR, 16bit only.