Overbridge & Logic 10.6

Come on elektron, we haven’t purchased your products for them to sit on a shelf! If you purchased a cheese and ham sandwich and having taken it out of packaging there was no ham. You would expect the vendor to make amends would you not?

I briefly tested and it seems to work for me (MacBook Pro Mid 2014, latest Catalina Update).
One thing i recognised while updating: i had Logic 10.5.1 (or whatever the latest working version was) installed and updated in the AppStore. But it didn’t update to 10.6.2 (as expected). Instead it went to 10.6. (which doesn’t work with OB) and i had to update again to 10.6.2. Now it works for me.

2 Likes

My problem isn’t even Logic related : in OB mode, my DN disappear as an audio interface in the system Prefs, so it won’t show up in Logic as an audio interface. It works fine though in audio/midi over USB.

I noticed an issue with the tempo sync on my DT. It seemed that for the first few bars it was at half speed then it would eventually catch up. I found that letting it run for a bit so that it syncs and then restarting the track fixes this issue…albeit it does seem like a band-aid solution. At least it’s useable now.

omg it works :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I had the same issue under Catalina, but now the tempo sync is completely broken under BS.

I raised a support ticket with Elektron and they replied yesterday confirming that Logic Pro 10.6.2 does fix this issue. So I’ll take the plunge shortly and report back.

2 Likes

…still so many people blaming a small swedish company for not catching up constantly with all the constant changes of the two global players in os platforms, with their FOR FREE editor software…

history shows…whenever there was a next ob version up and running for real, the global players came up with a next new thing and everything was obsolete again a few weeks later…

who is relying on ob can’t also constantly rely on the next new main hosting os/daw update…
simple as that…

this is a nerverending story…a dog that hunts it’s tail…

i never work with the latest shit…i always work with the stuff and the versions that proofed they work smooth for real already…leads to better work and less frustration…

and NOW it’s logic 10.6.2…and apple adressed the ob problem officially…
seems like cuppertino/hamburg emagic leftovers made it work finally again…
if so…DON’T UPDATE AGAIN on either side of this everlasting fragile equasion as long there is no official prooven next new combo…

and if u can’t resist…well, then, do what they always tell u…backup ur running system before ur in another mood for another next round of beta testing again…

1 Like
... still so many people blaming...

I hear you, and if it were only Apple I would feel differently. But even without apple’s updates, Overbridge has been sketchy at best. Like right now I can’t get OB Engine to recognize my DT/DN. I updated the DT/DN. Updated Logic. Updated OB. Set to OB on DT/DN. Checked security settings on Mac mini 2018. They are obviously connected because I was able to transfer and update the devices. But nothing is showing up in OB engine. The forums have always had multiple threads of people who get frequent disconnect (like now). No doubt that via some formula some people have had nothing but good luck. But this software seems hit or miss, mostly miss for me. I try it, get frustrated, and put it away. I have lots of hardware synths, drum machines, etc. The ones with software components have nowhere near the inconsistency of my two Elektron devices. Granted, what Elektron is trying to pull off is a bit more complicated. But in my opinion, if you’re going to release something, be sure you can make it solid.

2 Likes

I would argue It’s not for free when the products are marketed as having the OB feature. If you take a look at the product pages they make a big deal out of the OB features. I do not wish elektron or anyone else any animosity and I’m sure they are trying their best but you can’t be offering products with features that only work sometimes as you would be contravening the trade descriptions act, in the UK at least. If you can’t honour a feature said features should not be used to market a product.

2 Likes

…ya, since ob became such a neverending loss of constant developer power, which has a massive underestimated price tag within such a small company, they have to promote their hardware products at least on top with it…

fact is…ob, that great idea, been never priced into former products for real…

the machines are calculated very tight already…there ain’t no dedicated ob fee included yet…

ob turned from a great idea, a nice to have add on for free option to a neverending nightmare that blocks developer capacities ever since, that would be hardly needed for next new concepts and further firmware updates…

i can’t call an A4 an expensive device by any means…for it’s official price tag, i get a damned serious and full on pro instrument…like no other…no ob needed…even if it was that product that gave birth to the ob idea in first place…
same now with all other “ob ready” devices…the hardware delivers…the software bridge remains pretty unpredictable in every naturally given aspect of it…
somebody who don’t wanna see and accept the massive struggle and catch22 factor included here, has never made their mind up, what a neverending challenge this friendly but unfulfillable promise includes for real…

Eagerly awaiting your reply… didn’t get a chance to fire everything up this weekend but hoping to do so this week and would love a heads up on whether or not I should attempt to bang my head against this or just leave it be for a bit longer…

I’m good now. I hadn’t installed the Big Sure version - I thought it was the one on the downloads page, didn’t realize it was still in beta. Everything working now. Logic 10.6.2, Big Sur, most recent Elektron firmware.

1 Like

Just to let people know I had the problem trying to record digitakt in logic 10.6.1 but have just installed the upgrade to 10.6.2 and now recording fine.qas previously distorting when hitting record in logic

1 Like

OK NEVERMIND I haven’t changed anything since my last post on this thread but now for some reason it’s not working anymore. It’s still distorting but differently I feel, more of an ugly sound than before. 12 days ago it worked for a split second in the space/time continuum.
Oh well I guess one just can’t expect too much (in my case anything) from this software.
Too bad, I was really hoping to multitrack each track separately along with my 8 physical outputs from all my other machines to finally reach that fully multitracked dream but yeah, dreams are for sleeping.
Goodnight Overbridge

Confirming: Logic 10.6.2, Catalina 10.15.7, Overbridge 2.0.47.1, DT OS 1.21, DN OS 1.31 seemed to be working and stable for me last night. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Also just chiming in here that I just upgraded to Logic 10.6.2 on Catalina and overbridge with DT works on my 2012 MBP.

Anyone tried with 10.6.3 yet?

I’m one of those twitchy update finger idiots that likes to keep things updated…