Overbridge Installation Ended Prematurely

I unistalled Overbridge 1.15 OS. I tried installing 2.09.16 and 2.0.11.2 and keep getting a rolling back message, then installation ended prematurely message and it will not install. I tried unistalling my Analog Heat driver and deleted leftover Overbridge folder, still nothing. Does anyone know a fix for this?

1 Like

Same problem on my laptop.
Overbridge works perfectly well on my home computer, but installation on my laptop is always ending prematurely.
I’m using a Win10 i5 64 bits laptop, so it should work…I tried to clean all overbridge files from previous versions on my hard drive, reboot, install in admin mode…It still doesn’t work.

Any idea ?

You ever figure it out? Cuz I have the same issue

Yeah, They dont support windows 7 or 8 at all. So if you have one of those you need to upgrade your o.s. to use elektron stuff.

No one in this thread mentioned Win 7 or 8, but if someone later on comes here via searching:

That OB 2 BETA doesn’t support them officially doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. They just don’t provide support for these OS versions and it’s not in their development focus.

Until now there is no need to upgrade. it works fine (at least on Windows 7).

2 Likes

ever fix issue ? same issue windows 10 fully updated,

Roll back action during ob installer run.

List of overbridge files and folders to remove manualy?

#win10 OB uninstaller failed

-------- SOLUTION ---------

Fixed

1 deleted all files found on PC using

Search folders for: elektron and overbridge , using windows finder search.
removed all , look in system32 , vstplugins , stienberg /vst, program files, more etc , search C:

2 Open regedit, Edit menu search:
search as above , removed all containing folders and files entries.

Installed latest overbridge, painfull but now all working.

How about a full windows uninstaller for when these things go wrong? Reg edit was the key to sucess here.

if still stuck try :slight_smile:

cmd , as admin :

1:
sfc /scannow

2:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3:
run step 1 again / remove all elektron / overbridge files.

4: Fix Installation ended prematurely because of an error in windows 10/8/7

More Cmd codes:
msiexec /unreg
msiexec /regserver
regsvr32 vbscript.dll

1 Like

I had that problem on my laptop with older overbridge versions, and now i have the same problem on my main computer with the last OB 2.0.39.10.

Whenever i try to install it, installation stucks at “removing shortcuts” for one minute, then rolls back and ends prematurely.

I tried to manually clean all OB files on my computer, use Ccleaner, and @Len303 commands, without success. I also tried to re-install an older version of OB but the installer says i have a newer version of OB already installed. :grimacing:
I double-checked : i have no overbridge files left on my computer…I even manually cleaned my registry.

From the overbridge_install_log, the only interesting thing i found was “DEBUG: Error 2911: Could not remove the folder C:\Config.Msi.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2911. The arguments are: C:\Config.Msi, ,”
I took a look about this error on the internet but couldn’t find any solution.

Now, i can’t install overbridge neither on my laptop or main computer…
Any idea ?

Did you look in the three folders in

C:\Users[yourname]\AppData ?

or maybe even

C:\Program Files\Common Files ?

Config.msi would be a Microsoft installer called config. Can you see it when you open your C drive at the root location? Do you have show hidden files selected in explorer?

It sounds like there might be a file it’s trying to remove at the root of the C drive called, config.msi. It could be a permissions error.

I checked all this folders…

Config.msi is a temporary file that only exists during the OB installation, so i can’t manually remove it…

In case someone is interested, here is the log file :
overbridge_install_log.txt (600.2 KB)

That sounds about right yea. I know it was fine on mine. Not much help. A long shot, but are you trying these actions with devices plugged in? If you are unplug them.

Did you solve this? I have the same problem, removed all files, folders etc but it wont install :frowning:

/edit: I was able to get it running with the steps LEN303 proposed above. The regedit really seems to do the trick, even though I have no idea what files exactly are the crucial ones…

1 Like

the reg bodge worked for a while, but after the next version installed it failed again and nothing will make the installer work now, fails to remove old version 2.0.39.10 , its the same version installing btw. totally broken.

Same for me.
I finally managed to install it on my main computer after hours of manually cleaning the files on my hard drive and the registry, but it NEVER worked for my laptop.

I tried different versions of OB, your cmds, manually cleaning the registry, using CCleaner…I’m so tired of trying.

Are we only a few having this problem ? Didn’t Elektron said anything about it ?

EDIT : I finally solved the problem using this tips from Elektron (my laptop runs Win 8.1)

In some cases it is possible to install and run Overbridge in Windows 7 and 8.1 if you disable driver signature enforcement. This is unsupported and by doing this you are disabling important safety features in Windows. Use at your own risk.

1 Like

hi , no , once id touched the reg , they could not help .

installed Mojave on my T430 so using the Hackintosh approach now on both my PCs.

i9 rig + T430 i7 . etc. … so far so good.

Windows is still broke so it can stay that way. .

Tried all of these measures without success. I am using Windows 10 on a laptop. Elektron has to know this error is happening. Right?

Same error here. There must be a log created during the de-installation process to check the actual error. Anyone an idea?

Update solved:

according to previous comments the uninstaller tries to delete C:/Config.msi so I just created an empty C:/Config.msi file and re-run the deinstaller which then ran through. So try to create that file and re-run the uninstaller.

Yeah I just gave up. There isnt a snowballs chance in hell that elektron is gonna fix this.

Hey all,

I have a new solution for you to try. Been banging my head against this problem for a while and finally got something to work. A few of you have already gathered that the problem stems from a previous installation of over-bridge not being completely uninstalled.

1. Go into apps and features in the windows settings app and locate overbridge

2. Hit modify, and then choose the repair option.

3. hopefully it pops up an error message during the process that it cannot find “overbridge version”.msi in your temp folder. It gives you an option to point to the file its looking for.

4. download or locate the the zip file for the version of overbridge you have currently installed. unzip it into any folder of your choosing.

5. point the installer to the folder where you unzipped the overbridge files.

6. It should now finish the repair process and prompt you to restart your computer.

7. Restart your computer and go back to programs and features, uninstall overbridge and restart again when it prompts you.

8. Now you should be able to install the latest version of overbridge.

I hope this helps!

I have tried every step in this thread to no avail. Anyone else?

Hi

1.Unplug all usb devices from the PC.
Restart
2.Try install overbridge
3. If install then install this app (do it anyway)

1. Follow all steps within bcuninstaller to remove all left over crap for overbridge.

2. Try install overbridge again after restart.

3. Plug in one elektron device usb.

4. Install cc cleaner and clean up.