Overbridge in late 2016 MacBook Pros

I shelled out for a new MacBook Pro (with USB type-C only), and Overbridge does not appear to function at all. (Not even recognised in the control panel). I have ordered an Overhub, which I hope will solve the problem, but I wonder if others have any experience?

Works fine with mine, using the Apple USB dongle.

Strange - it must be a problem with my MBP then because I also use the dongle and the software doesn’t see either the Analog Keys or the RYTM…

Thanks for replying

Andrew

I would check your list of USB devices to see if they show up there. It’s from the Apple menu in “About this Mac”

Yep, it does and I can use sysx to load patches fine, and use it as a midi controller. The strange thing is that it doesn’t show up in Overbridge. I’ve rebooted and reinstalled Overbridge twice …

Is the USB mode on your keys/rytm set to overbridge?

1 Like

Yeah I change that in the config menu on the devices, like it says in the manual. I’ve tried multiple times, and occasionally my Analog heat would show up as an audio input device before Mac OS X telling me it disappeared seconds later via a notification. I suspect something may be wrong with my USB bus, but this is still the only hardware giving me issues so far. Oh well …

Maybe interesting:

So, I got it working. There was a problem with the one Apple sold me, and I replaced it with a hub similar to NoiseLab’s. Hopefully Overhub will prove reliable too.

2 Likes