Overbridge host audio buffer

“Your host audio buffer size is 512 samples. It is recommended that you use 256 samples or lower. Please re-configure your host.”

Normally, I would think this would be referring to Ableton Live, which I use most of the time as my DAW, but I have the latency set to 128. Also, I don’t have it on right now.

So, does that mean my UAD Console is the host? Because I have searched both the interface, manual, and the virtual mixer itself, and found no buffer settings.

There is a passage online that says “When Apollo is connected via FireWire, UAD plug-ins used within the DAW run at a 512 minimum buffer size in order to operate reliably. Apollo’s dynamic buffering enables lower hardware I/O buffer settings (256, 128, 64 etc.) while maintaining a stable 512 buffer for UAD plug-in processing.”

But I can not find where I change this buffer setting. I’m not sure I should, either.

It’s in Overbridge Control Panel settings. Took me awhile to find as well!

2 Likes

It says that the buffer is also set to 128!

Hello, did you ever resolve this?

I have only now realised that it’s possible to run the Overbridge app standalone.
Very handy for when I just want to play something quick without opening the DAW.

However, I too get the message: “Your host audio buffer size is 512 samples. It is recommended that you use 256 samples or lower. Please re-configure your host.”

Overbridge Control Panel says the buffer is at 128, I don’t know where else to look and I’m having quite a lot of latency at the moment.

Would really appreciate any help!

Thank you

My sound card is RME Digiface USB, I’m on Mac OS.
No options to change the buffer size in any RME software I have installed.
Is this because on Mac OS the buffer size can only be changed by audio / video applications?
I am confused…

Indeed I am experiencing the same issue with a M1 Pro chip MacBook Pro (my hardware is an Electron Analog Rytm MK1

Hello, new user here. I just got the rytm mk2 the day before yesterday (my only elektron so far).
As far as connecting it to my computer goes (a PC with windows 10), I’m only using USB. I updated the firmware to the latest version using transfer, and then installed overbridge and configured its settings in its control panel to some faster settings.
When I launched the rytm in overbridge in standalone mode (i have no daw installed) I got a very similar warning message. The only difference was that it said my host audio buffer size was 480.
I messed around with all of the control panel settings in overbridge, tried restarting everything multiple times, and tried different usb ports, but none of that got rid of the warning… so I pushed ‘dismiss’ to see if it would come back again after restarting everything. It didn’t.
I don’t know if I solved anything, or if it’s just no longer letting me know that there is a problem, but I don’t hear any latency when I play the thing, and it seems to record audio into the computer with no problems. Maybe the problems could show up while using a daw to record… I have no idea.
Besides that it seems like a pretty fun mashine… I just need to learn how to use it now lol.

Update: In the very top left of the main overbridge screen for your device (not the control panel) there’s a little camouflaged ‘options’ button. Check it out for buffer size adjustments!

doesn’t seem to be there on the macos version

Oh yeah. I checked on mine again and it only shows up when it’s running in standalone mode. Maybe if you change the options in standalone it will carry over to the plugin as well. Not sure…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that is where the warning message is pulling the number from though. When I first opened the options button it was showing 480 buffer.

I have no problems when using overbridge via vst, since it gets the buffer size from the daw options.
the image I posted is from the standalone app. I suspect it’s an issue that exists on mac os only

Oh ok. That sucks. Hopefully they can fix that somehow.

1 Like

Found it! Click on Digitakt (by the apple icon menu). The first item on the drop down list is Audio & MIDI Options, you can chanege the buffer size there.

2 Likes