Overbridge & Heat

OK, my bad, I now remember having seen your picture indeed…
Though for some reason I only recalled the mention “* Overbridge support coming very soon.”

Anyway, you have a brilliant Analog Heat in your hands, guess there is much to do to master it, while waiting for the promise to come closer to the truth. Let’s hope people at :3lektron: marketing development have learned the meaning of “immediate” during this time. :smile:

1 Like

I too bought the AH mainly because of the OB, I spent a few hours trying to install the software only to find out it wasn’t available yet for the Heat. Yes it is a GREAT machine, but for all of us who intended to use it as a plugin (and/or soundcard) this is very frustrating. We’re not impatiently waiting for a new feature to come out, we’re frustratingly expecting an actual feature that isn’t there as advertised everywhere. The difference can seem slim for many, but is big for the handful of people in this case :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’m so glad to see the M/S feature! I hope too that its not just for the filter cutoff. If they make it so you can process M/S for real on a mix, this Heat may make it into some mastering studios. I’ve sold my ELysia Karacter module already because Heat was sounding better to me on mixes, and with M/S, Heat is going to be a beast.

1 Like

I predict an OT version update before Chrstmas :slight_smile:

Oh really ?!
Gooooood …if this turns to be true for me too, I am glad to have bought second-hand Nvelope-500 and Xpressor-500 and not the Karacter-500 !!

Obviously I really hope that M/S processing will happen for real…fortunately I haven’t see that screen in the video at that time,otherwise I would have bought a ticket to Gothenburg together with the unit…

Pardon me for a rookie question, but what’s the difference between L/R and M/S settings?

While L/R is treating separately the two channel, M/S would treat differently what is in the middle than what is deviated in the stereo field.
E.g. your kick vs. your pads.

You don’t loose the stereo information of the pads this way, more efficient.
Im’ not an expert but that’s what I understood from LEM video on Elysia karacter.

1 Like

Huh! I’m not quite clear on that. I guess I’ll just have go ahead and save and buy this to see what you mean.

It’s the only way…

1 Like

Less is more Ryan, right?

It’s not an instrument, its a sound processor. That makes it different! : D Philosophically, I’m merely adding pepper to my meal, not adding another side. Furthermore, it’s a smaller box. Able to be fit anywhere.

Also, I’m working on selling a couple things. So, I’m really getting rid of dessert, some peas and carrots, and maybe some rolls—Thus leaving me with well seasoned meat and potatoes(the AR are regular potatos, and the MDUW are sweet potatoes)(still meat and potatoes)

Hashtag-different!

(I’m still broke, currently so this is merely a nice intention if I get this promotion)

1 Like

In the middle (e.g. exactly same on right and left) you usually have a kick, that need a certain type of compression.
In the stereo spectrum, you might have pads cooked with reverb, etc.

If you can obviously treat the first one with only one channel, you can’t on the stereo signal or you will loose the info that make it stereo wide.
I guess there is some kind of phased summing or something like this that would extract the straight mono signal than the rest, apply a certain transformation on this mono signal, and treat the rest with another kind of transformation.

I have only read on this a couple of times so I might be wrong somehow.

1 Like

its not impatience, its having no clue why there is a delay and how long the delay will be. Well of course i continue to make music and use AH without overbridge, but people already paid the full price, but they didnt get the full package yet. elektron deserve a lot of credit, but is it asked to much to get a status update? can’t be that difficult.

3 Likes

Status updates are very welcomed

1 Like

8 Likes

it’s Awesome :stuck_out_tongue: i’m so happy like a child !!! it’s christmas tree :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: No more Midi Sync + OB at the same time shit this will not be good with my Octatrack setup now… nevermind :stuck_out_tongue: i will get another SYNC option for the OT … (after testing that’s new statement)

How’d you do it?

What’s the question ?

If there’s no midi sync during overbridge, how’d you work around it?

Before on OB 1.10 you can set AR and A4 in SYNC by Overbridge and at the same time you could plug a midi cable from one of them to sync Octatrack by MIDI at the same time.

The new statement is :
The unit will no longer react to MIDI transport (or MIDI clock) when synced via the Overbridge plugin. The old behavior was confusing to many users and didn’t work well with certain DAWs.

My post regarding SYNC trick with AR+A4 sync via Overbridge + Octatrack in the setup using midi sync on top of it. Which is apparently no more possible.

So I guess you’ll have to plug the OT in via midi cable to the computer and send the clock out via daw?