Overbridge glitches and gets out of sync every 2-3 minutes

Hey guys, my Overbridge experience so far is really frustrating. I googled the problem and haven’t found a solution,

My setup: Digitakt and Rytm MKII are connected to my MacBook Pro 2020 via a 3.0 usb hub, audio interface is the behringer umc1820. DAW is Ableton, all OS’s, overbridge engine etc. are up to date.

Now everytime I hit play in my DAW, everything is stable and tight, but after 2-3 minutes, it glitches for a second and the 2 machines get out of sync with ableton. --> unusable
The settings for audio buffer size is set to 512 samples, as recommended. I tried playing around with them, but it doesn’t change anything. I also plugged the machines directly into the laptop, same result.

Now the interesting part is, that I already had the same issue with my 2015 macbook, which had far less power than my laptop now has. So what is the problem? The interface?

I really hope for your help!

The recommended size for the buffer is less <256. You should see a warning if it’s set to over 256.

Try just using one of the Elektron Devices as your audio output device. Unless you have externals there’s no reason to use the Behringer Interface.

For some basic troubleshooting, try using without the hub to see if you still get glitches.

If you stop getting glitches, you know it is the hub.
If you still have glitches, you can look elsewhere.