Overbridge feature requests thread

I’m pretty sure that was part of the original promise.

I’d be using my units more, if we had a PC/Mac GUI. Displays are a bit small for my degrading eyesight.

A way to chain songs and/or to trigger them via midi would be very nice. It might be easier to implement that in overbridge than directly in the boxes.

Having had a bunch of issues setting up a number of devices in Logic and spending a lot of time doing that, I’d really like if there was a sort of master standalone Overbridge app that allowed me to sync different devices together, configure program changes, clock sync, etc., and record outputs from multiple devices.

Essentially nothing that different from the existing standalone apps, but in a way that lets me use those same features across multiple devices simultaneously.

I don’t need another DAW, just a reliable recorder and sync.

Feature request: Save UI scale preferences permanently. Currently, UI scale defaults back to 100% every time overbridge is closed.

3 Likes

How about a Cue out for muted or selected tracks through Computer/Laptop out?

Maybe these are already possible.

On the A4, it’d be great if CV/control in could be used as a mod source in the DAW.

Also, it’d be useful if the CV envelopes could be triggered separately via overbridge

I love using my Elektron devices in a hybrid setup.

The biggest limitation I’ve run into:
You can’t record the sequencer data of the Digitakt’s audio tracks as MIDI. (Only the dedicated MIDI tracks).
Analog Four (and probably the Analog Rytm) can send it’s sequencer tracks as midi, but only for basic Note, Length and Velocity data).

Imagine being able to:

1. Record your patterns to MIDI note data.
  2. Record Parameter Locks via CCs to automation lanes.
  3. Edit the notes and automation in your DAW, mute the Digitakt’s sequencer tracks, and play the edited patterns and automation through the Digitakt (or other Overbridge enabled device).
    This would make Elektron boxes the perfect hybrid devices in my opinion.

I guess I should add this to the Digitakt feature requests, but perhaps if Overbridge could read all the sequencer data, it would solve the problem for people using any Overbridge enabled device.