Overbridge feature requests thread

Digitakt user here and I’m using the standalone OB2 beta 2.0.916 on OSX

I’m assuming these feature requests are applicable to all machines:

1. Sample preview is very clunky, worse than browsing on the DT hardware - as far as i can tell there is no way to preview a sample in place, you have to commit. Really need a sample in place preview please.

2. The sample preview (the arrow icon) has to be clicked by pointer, it needs a keyboard shortcut (right arrow would work).

3. Sound browser - there is no way to preview at all? But there is on the hardware.

4. I would expect to be able to rename samples and sounds in the OB2 software, I don’t think this is possible.

5. UNDO - would be very welcome especially considering how easy it is to accidentally load a sample while browsing.

1 Like

MODS - please move this if you want, I can’t see the official feature request thread for OB2

The UI scale only goes to 120% which is likely fine for most, but on a 4k screen it still seems very small, especially when trying to manipulate certain buttons or dials such as the “pan” sliders in the FX/MASTER section of the overbridge/digitone VST. Having more UI scale would make this easier, and I also find myself leaning in to read some things on the screen. As an aside, I also don’t seem to see any option for configuring the ARP in this software, but that’s not a big deal.

Overall, I am loving the software, even in Beta its been reliable enough for me to get in and play around, having all the controls for my digitone in one easy to access UI makes sound design even more fun, and the UI animations have actually taught me how some things such as the LFO’s work when setting certain modes. The animated visual references are very welcome!

2 Likes

While we’re waiting for Elektron to add a song mode to the Digitakt (if they ever do), it would be cool if they could add a song mode to the Overbridge VST in a list form where we can put our patterns. I imagine from a developer standpoint it would be easier. It would be a lot better then trying to time up MIDI program changes and would result in overall less fuckery.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to have control over the distortion, filters etc… on the master bus, like I do with delay, reverb and compressor. The master out of the Rytm and individual tracks recorded separately and combined sound different because of this and you can’t print that master signal path on it later on if you’re recording individually.

One other thing is, I love sequencing from Ableton and not using the Elektron’s sequencer at all in some cases, such as writing drums to a linear track, so that I can have the Rytm play the notes I’ve written down at any specific point in the track, instead of playing the start of the sequence that’s written in the Rytm regardless of the position in the track. I don’t know if there’s any way to do this. But it’s useful sometimes even though the Elektron sequencer is half the device. Yet it would be extra delicious if we could have trig condition automations as well as re-trig automation! Wouldn’t that be something.

EDIT: FOR ANALOG RYTM MKII ONLY

Re the Digitakt i’d like them to make the fx available as separate plug ins so we can apply them to individual tracks.

2 Likes

Request for digitone
Manipulation of parameters by numerical input like analog rytm and analog four.

rytm

4 Likes

I would like overbridge optional as a VST, not only VSTi

Reviving this thread, but if there’s one that’s more active I should be using let me know.

BUT for Digitone users, it’d be great to have the arp settings available somewhere. Also, the LFO 1 destinations aren’t available in the LFO2 destination drop down.

1 Like

Why can’t we access the sequencer in Overbridge? Seems so odd that when I’m in my DAW, I can’t make a quick change to my RYTM’s sequencer from the plugin. I’d love for them to add this.

1 Like

Beautiful piece of software. The new 2.0 works great with A4 mk1.I

It came to my attention that while in the Sound Browser Library on +drive that is not possible to either delete a sound or drag it to a different slot. It will make the software way more robust capable. Not sure why they haven’t implemented yet.

So request on SOUND LIBRARY IN +DRIVE:

• Drag sounds to different slots
  • Delete sounds
  • Rename sounds

Thank you,

Undo for the OB standalone and VST (with its own undo buffer, not using the daw’s) would be so good. I can’t count the amount of times i’ve messed up a patch i was working on and wished for undo/redo buttons in the OB interface…

1 Like

Being able to drag samples into OB and have them load onto the Digitakt. It’s easy enough to sample from Ableton, but even easier to just drop a sample into a slot.

3 Likes

Being able to view ALL sounds in the sound browser (A4), rather than a bank at a time would be super super helpful. Being able to sort them by ABC or 123 as well. It’d be nice to be able to see every kick, pad, etc by filtering

2 Likes

The ability to use the plugin to control hardware/total recall without using audio processing while in playback. The latency seems unnecessary when all I want to do is control the hardware and keep track of settings on the device. I dont use ableton as my audio hub and have no intention of doing so, I just want to use it as a sequencer. This kinda feels like im being forced to use ableton for my audio, when many of the functions of some of your hardware can be replicated on ableton, so why not just use ableton? I like hardware and only want to use virtual world sparingly. This forces me to choose when I dont feel like its necessary. Maybe even just make a different plugin with a more “traditional” approach to vst/hardware communication where audio isnt an option?

I agree, but im guessing they dont want you taking your hands off their hardware to control it, otherwise you are just using a daw. I am guessing they only made a plugin because the market demanded it. Making hardware compatible with your competitor is tricky. Its also the reason you cant really easily record automation from your hardware into the DAW, they want you doing it within their device. But again, I agree that it would make my life easier.

Multitrack recording Digitone and A4 working flawlessly smooth here, a great workflow. Just one wish:

I wish the effect track was available as a fifth output. Right now i can record effects seperately by routing track audio away from the main outputs, but that’s an extra step for every pattern. If FX track output was available I could just plug in and record.

A request (don’t know if this has been mentioned before): when ext gear is synced to OB running as a plugin in a DAW (works great btw, best sync you can get) once the DAW is running the synced gear can be stopped with it’s onboard start/stop buttons.

I like to start/stop sequences on the fly so this is a handicap. For instance, if you use a Digitone with an outboard reverb and are recording, if I want to stop the Digitone and continue recording to catch the reverb tail, that’s not possible, because I need to stop the DAW to stop the DN. On the other hand, if the DAW is stopped, I can start the DN’s sequencer normally. So it’s a question of OB taking over full control.

I don’t know if this is a feature or a bug, but for me it’s unwanted. I didn’t check with other Elektrons though so I cannot say if this is specific to the Digitone. There’s a fair chance that this was by design, so I put this here as a feature request.

That is perfectly possible and it’s the way I use Overbridge for my Digitone. I don’t use the audio-over-USB, I just unpatch the OB outputs (or mute the track OB is on) and use zero latency hardware monitoring as usual with an external keyboard routed to the DN’s midi input. I use OB strictly for syncing the DN to the DAW, and as a editor/librarian. (In that case the audio is still coming to the DAW which takes up a lot of unneccessary USB bandwidth: it would be nice though if we could switch that off altogether.)

The only (for now) problem have yet to solve/submit a feature request for/wait for an update is sound preview when browsing the soundpool and +drive, like we can do on the hardware. With OB we need to actually load the sound on a track to be able to hear it.

Feature request: Sync pre-roll please!