Overbridge ETA?

Hi,
I’ve just ordered the Analogue Heat Mk2, to be arriving tomorrow. I’ll be mainly using it via usb as a vst plugin, which means I sort of need overbridge. My musical partner is going to get one so we can agree tweaks before destructive resampling/mastering.
Does anyone know roughly how long to expect for overbridge’s arrival? We’ll be at the mastering stage by January so, if it isn’t likely before then, I might just send it back and get two Mark 1’s. (It’s not great that the legacy model has more functionality than the new model).
If not, is it possible to use a beta in the meantime?
Thanks in advance

I wouldn’t be holding my breath for Jan. I’d love to see it by then though. I believe the beta application process is now closed.

1 Like

It could be January, yes, not sure on the year though

8 Likes

If you want to use it now, you should.

Given the history of OB, it seems a really, really bad idea to plan anything based on upcoming availability. :slight_smile:

If your use is only as a VST plugin within a DAW, I would even go so far as to not recommend it at all at this time. It might be better to use a good modelled drive and saturation plugin instead.

1 Like

Maybe send it back , wait till you are mastering , and see what’s around.

If you buy new you might still be able to return it within 15/30 days depending on the store you get it from.

It may give you chance to check if mk2 has any advantages if you plan to use it via daw … will those extras on the screen be used when you might mostly be doing things on a nice monitor.mk1 2nd hand are ussually in good condition and prices are much lower than mk2.

You might even be able to rent it , I can’t remeber the app but there’s a growing community of people renting out gear. …

If you already have a good audio / midi interface you don’t (absolutely) need Overbridge. Full midi control, possibly lower latency.

Overbridge is prettier.

Thanks for all the replies. A quick follow up question: can the mk2 be used as a soundcard before overbridge is released or is that functionality tied into overbridge?

No.

Yes.