Overbridge does not recognise Analog Heat MKII

Hi Guys,

I’ve recently bought my Analog Heat MKII and after testing it via Analogue In/outs I completely fell in love with it! In this way the device works perfectly.

Now I am trying to connect it via USB so I’ve installed this Overbridge (version 2.0.19) and the software / plugin is not recognising my device.

My computer is an Apple Mac mini 2018 with Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6). I also tried to install it on my old Mac computer, which is a MacBook Pro running with Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6) and it is also not working.

Note 1 - I tried to Install an old version of the software (in both computers) and it still not recognising my device.

Note 2 - I tried to update the firmware from my device using the C6 software. The installation went well but my device is still not being recognised by any of the computers (new & old) softwares.

Note 3 Funny thing - when I load the plugin on Logic or Ableton, the audio comes in and I can even see the waveforms and etc but I don’t have any signal coming out.

Does anybody know how to solve it?

I am also trying to get some official informations from the company side but it is being extremely difficult to get it. All what I can find is a lot of old posts in this community of people having the same issues.

I will be happy to provide more infos about my experience with AHMK2, so let me know :slight_smile:

Edit 1 - I am running Analog Heat through an Universal Audio Apollo Twin.
Edit 2 - I also tried some silly things such as changing the USB cable and reading the manuals (LOL).
Edit 3 - PROBLEM SOLVED. I’ve turned on the “Overbridge mode” in the Heat Settings and it is now working. I should have read the manual properly.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you seeing it present in the Overbridge Engine? Have you configured your I/O there?

yes I’ve checked the OB engine and unfortunately is not present there :frowning:

You don’t mention what analog heat firmware you are using do you?..are you using 1.11 beta3 as the OB 2.0.19 directions suggest?

Sam

Yes! I’ve updated the Firmware to the 1.11 beta 3 and I am still having the same problem :frowning: I am starting to think either my device has a defect or the software is still not working with Mojave. I’ve even tried to disable the System Integrity Protection in my macOS to see if the system allows the driver to be installed but no success.

Do the solutions in this thread help you?

Ooh and did you put the heat into “overbridge mode” in heat settings? Probably did but worth a shot!

Sam

3 Likes

WOW! Thanks!! It is working now! i’ve turned on the Overbridge Mode and now it is working.

I knew it could be something silly like that. I hope that this thread helps other people too!

Thanks guys.

3 Likes

I have the issue with Overbridge on Windows. For some reason, it does not recognize my Heat MKII.

Of course, I enabled the mode on the device, the firmware is the latest.
I tried to re-install the Overbridge, but no luck.
I also tried different USB ports and cable.

I have no issues with it on Macbook.

What can I do?

Managed to fix this issue.
Steps that worked for me:

1. Uninstall Overbridge and restart Windows
  2. Turn on AH in overbridge mode and wait a minute (it will show in device manager as a device that is without proper drivers installed)
  3. Install Overbridge (keep the AH on) and restart Windows
  4. Profit
3 Likes

wow! I can’t believe this worked. Tried so many different things and was desperate already. thanks! its amazing that we fly into space, but yet I still have to install USB hardware a certain way lol