Overbridge audio and cabled audio not in sync (audio wise)

Hey there fellow Elektronauts!

I’d like to use my DT with Overbridge, but in combination with my other gear that runs via ts/trs cables into the audio interface (scarlett 18i20 3rd gen).

The problem is that overbridge audio is arriving about 35/40ms earlier than the audio coming thru the audio interface. Did not know I would ever be complaining about delay being to little, but here we are :sweat_smile:

Buffer size of the laptop is really low, mostly 128 and with everything running it’s around 13% CPU. I use Ableton Live. I don’t fancy sending midi from Live into the DT to program the DT that way, I just want to record the separate trks from the DT in live and just continue with “dawless” jamming and exploring.

I tried setting the buffer size of the OB Vst to it’s highest, but still did not match up.
I also tried using the external instrument in Live on a per trk base (trks from DTOB) which has individual delay compensation, but this didn’t change anything as I put it on +40 ms … Thought that really had to be the problem-solver …
Also, it is not midi, midi is in line within the whole chain (I know this because the DT also sequences a M-32, and the M-32 and my OT are lined up audio wise).

I’m really wondering if it’s even possible to align these two types of audio inputs, is anyone else doing it and how? I just wanna record the trks separately and not have to worry about the laptop.

Hope one of you smart knob twiddlers can help me with this :heart: