Overbridge and OS X Catalina not working?

OverBridge doesn’t work on my Mac with OS X Catalina. My macbook doesn’t see the Heat mkii when it’s in overbridge usb mode.

Tried uninstalling overbridge, reinstalling, rebooting, looked for blocked drivers under security - but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Here is a video to show the setup.

I had this issue on my mac that drove me nuts. Complete uninstall/reinstall did nothing to fix it, the devices would just refuse to show up. What I ended up doing is:

First, run the uninstall program that comes with a download of the latest overbridge.
Afterwards, reboot (possibly clears out some cached files…? I dunno, good to reboot I think).

Then, I ran a deep search for anything overbridge related afterwords. Open up the terminal and run:

find / -iname '*overbridge*' 2>&1 | grep -v "Permission denied" | grep -v "Operation not permitted"

There will probably be a handful of overbridge files hanging around. Assuming Elektron’s overbridge is the only software/files named like overbridge on your computer. (This was the case for me) but just verify these files are indeed the overbridge you expect. “elektron” is usually in the path name somewhere that makes it easy.

DELETE them by entering rm -rf in front of the paths.
Mine looked something like:

rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Caches/com.juce.locks/OverbridgeGlobalPreferencesLock
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Caches/se.elektron.OverbridgeControlPanel
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Caches/se.elektron.OverbridgeEngine
rm -rf /private/var/folders/jk/zn5bk6x13c94h966nn7l_rrc0000gn/C/se.elektro*
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Logs/Elektron\ Overbridge
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Application\ Support/Elektron\ Overbridge
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Containers/com.apple.SiriNCService/Data/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Containers/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX/Data/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.rdc.macos/Data/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Powerpoint/Data/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Containers/com.apple.appstore/Data/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Containers/com.tinyspeck.slackmacgap/Data/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.OverbridgeControlPanel.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.OverbridgeEngine.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.OverbridgeControlPanel.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist
rm -rf /Users/nostromo/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.OverbridgeEngine.plist
rm -rf /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/se.elektron.overbridge.hal.plist

Note: Some might be named something like /private/var/folders/jk/zn5bk6x13c94h966nn7l_rrc0000gn/C/se.elektron.overbridge.se. Private/var files are internal mac cache files, which apple doesn’t recommended to manually deleting. I did anyways, but just FYI.

Reboot again, probably not necessary.

Reinstall overbridge.

This was how I was able to get my Elektrons to appear in my overbridge devices list again.

2 Likes

Will try all that right now. Thank you.

Can you let me know if this works for you? If this is another confirmed case of this specific issue, I’ll report it as an overbridge bug and link this thread. Thanks.

Hi again. Thank you for the effort.

It didn’t work.

It turns out it was the usb cable that was defect. Changed it for another cable, now it works. What are the odds.

2 Likes

Erm, so is OB beta working in catalina? Im on a new mac and it shipped with catalina, havent tried installing OB yet

Yes. It seems to work fine now.

2 Likes