Overbridge and FX

No, this can actually be a feature on the device. And this is an issue with pretty much everyone who will record stuff with it.

As for if they “dont care” well I hear a LOT of bad sounding music nowadays, guess why, also guess why you should care in the first place about things like these.

Its supposed to illustrate that channel processing is applied BEFORE Fx Sends (same with the digitakt actually, you have the filter before the reverb and delay).

You seem to have an insufferable superiority complex and I hope that is backed up by your music, since you are casting aspersions on everyone else’s.

As what I assume was a move for processor efficiency, there is a one global reverb and one global delay send for all tracks. As a result, an FX stream through Overbridge would therefore contain all sounds that were routed through it. I don’t think they could add what you are asking for without adding an FX instance per track. If it’s something that could be updated with a software update, that would be awesome, but I’m doubtful of that.

1 Like

Please either stick to the topic or just leave. I don’t see anything but dismissal from you, if you don’t want to discuss this or care then don’t participate, I did not call you to talk down to me in this thread that I dont know what FX sends are…

Thanks

2 Likes

Further, then a hypothetical Overbridge would need to be able to stream 8 more tracks (one for each individual track fx)…I wouldn’t be surprised if that strained bandwidth.

There is nothing “physical” about the delay or the reverb. It can be added in the software (same with something like more LFO’s).

However I suspect this was actually an artificial limitation to keep the price down or similar.

I could be misunderstanding what you are asking for though…

There is a single shared return channel for FX with how DT/A4/Rytm are engineered, how do you expect to get per track FX without any spill from other tracks exactly? Offline rendering?

True, but I don’t want the fx signals per track, I simply want to have the option to have the wet signals per track only.

Yes, that’s basically what I’m saying. It’s probably an efficiency measure.

You are the one talking people down. Elektron, all the bad music you hear. You seem to think you are the first person to notice that these boxes don’t have insert effects. It’s been discussed many times and is clearly an issue of processing power, not design ignorance on the part of highly skilled developers and engineers. Anyway, I shall allow you to proceed with your discussion without my input as you request.

2 Likes

Code doesn’t just magic itself out of the air and squeeze itself into limited cycles. It takes time to be optimized, maybe you will see new things one day.

3 Likes

No its not about insert effects at all, its about routing issues. And yes the feature of delay and reverb per track is connected to this (which should have been part of it from the start).

Bad music == people not caring about mixing (if you do then you might already have this question).

And this thread wasnt about throwing a tantrum that why Elektron doesnt add this…

Please read my first post: I’m asking how did people go with these problems with other Elektron machines…

lol i have nothing to add other than to say i appreciate a good gza reference.

2 Likes

Glad someone appreciated that

I went through it by accepting the limitations and working with them.

3 Likes

I think this means you must not care about music.

1 Like

I’m an audio engineer (and a software engineer) and a musician… So I have to care about both. But as a working example, most people just throw music at audio engineers which are full of problems they don’t even know… Sure it “sounds good” to them but that’s not how it works unfortunately, it has to “sound good” on lots of systems, with clear separation, stereo field, transients etc.

Yes mixing is an art but its also a science, in fact math and physics comes up more than the “art” part daily.

BTW ironic, but this means recording via the audio out plus using mutes is more useful than using the USB audio streams… Since that will have FX per track