Overbridge 2 Analog Heat Audio Glitching

Is anyone else noticing random distortion/clipping going on in Analog Heat when running it through their DAW (mine being Ableton 10 Suite) it’s happens constantly. If you watch the Sonic State video with Cenk the audio clips on him when’s he previewing Overbridge through Ableton. It’s not looking like the most stable release :frowning:

At 9:33 in the video where Cenk is previewing I’m getting the same type of gltiching.

I hope to hear some feedback from you guys.

P.S.
I will leave video with audio glitching

Thanks!

Nope, works fine here (with Logic)

Hey!

I’m getting this too…

I’m on the latest iMac with the latest version of Ableton.

Its VERY frustrating…

It can go some time without this happening then I’ll get it LOADS. Happens a lot when I first play the arrangement in Ableton.

Makes rendering difficult as using Overbridge you have to write it live.

I have tried different buffer sizes but no difference here…

Any tips would be appreciated!

Jimmy

It is terribly bad, especially when you’re running it through the Master ! I desperately need a solution to this problem, because it’s hard to her glitching every 45 seconds when tracking. Overbridge is not looking like it’s delivering very on dependability of their software :frowning:

I didn’t know if it was an issue with my set up. It kinda helps to know I’m not the only one!

I’ll open a ticket about this with Elektron :+1:

Hey Torinw08,

I’ve opened a ticket and will update on here when I hear anything.

They are apparently closed until Monday so it won’t be before then.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Thank you, brother! Also let them know even Cenk had the same issue on the Sonicstate video Preview ! It should be a known issue to them already, and they get a patch/update soon (I hope)

Thanks again,

-Torin

Hey Torin,

I let them know about the vid, really helpful that mate… and I posted a link to the vid and to this thread.

Hopefully it’ll get sorted! :+1:

Have you heard back from anyone at Elektron support ?

Yes mate… but no ‘news’ as yet,

They replied on Thursday very briefly and asked me to send a vid of the issue (I had offered to send one if it would help). I haven’t sent one yet, not had time.

Should get something to them tomorrow.

When I hear anything meaningful I’ll update on here.

Here’s the very brief reply:

“ I’m sorry for the late reply. A video would be very nice. Thank you.”

​Cheers,

Jimmy

1 Like

Hi Torin,

Just to let you know I’ve sent a vid of my issue to support.

I’m wondering though if I might’ve found the issue:

In Elektron’s Overbridge Control Panel go to settings (the cog in the top right hand side). In there try increasing the Buffer Safety Margin (Also, try reducing it… that seems to trigger the issue straight away).

You could give that a try, seems to be working for me so far, but the issue for me has been intermittent mostly. As I said before, I’ll update when I hear anything from Elektron.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Hey,

Here’s the reply I have from Elektron.

The buffer thing/OB Control Panel (Margin) seems to have done the trick for me.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Hi,

We’ve been in touch with our software dept regarding this as it’s a bit strange that is doesn’t work as intended.

A few things to try:

Raise the buffer size in your DAW, and in the OB control panel (margin).

Disconnect everything else connected via USB (except keyboard and mouse of course).

Close every other application to unload the CPU

Regards,

Martin

1 Like