Overbridge 2.0 on Windows 7OS 32bit anyone?

Anyone got Overbridge 2.0 working on windows 7 32 bit??? im anxious to try out the soundcard function on this digitone keys for real for real!!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

from the documentation it seems that the minimum requirement is windows 10

It works fine on Windows 7 64bit, FYI.

How can you explain ?
I cant make it work under windows 8.1 / 64 bits :frowning:

Not much to explain. It just installs as normal. I’ve been using it since early betas on my main audio pc which is still on windows 7.

Are you saying that the latest version works ?
The one that is supposed to be only working on windows 10 ?

I was using it earlier this week unless I’ve done something wrong. What’s happening when you try?

well, everything seems to be working fine until the end of installation, then it reverts back to previous configuration and unistalls the app…
I will try again this afternoon and let you know
thank you anyway for confirming that it is working for you :slight_smile:

This is a win8 behaviour that does not exist in win7. I’ve never installed win8, but I read about people disabling the "driver signature verification " feature. This is an example I found by googling… https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/all

1 Like

I tried that trick with success, the app is installed but not the drivers, in place of the AR drivers, unknown peripherials appear…
I get 5 exclamation marks !!!

I’d like this to work on windows 7 as well, because Windows 10 doesn’t work well for me with other hardware that I own.

I can get through the installation process, but for some weird reason the RYTM drives are not installed.
I have disabled the driver signature, but that doesn’t do the trick either.

If someone knows how to install overbridge on windows 7 please do tell :slight_smile:

The trick for me was to first uninstall previous OB attempts and reboot.
Then make sure the rytm has the appropriate firmware installed.
Make sure the rytm is connected to usb and turn it ON. If windows prompts you to install drivers when you first turn on the rytm, just say no.
Now you can install OB.
This worked for me.

I have to add that I also resisted updating to win10, for similar reasons as you mentioned. But I found that OB was a bit unstable on win7 - I could live with this but, even so, it was a bit annoying. I ended up installing a clean win10 and spent the time getting all my bits to work with it. It was not painless, but it was worth the pain.

1 Like

Thank you very much - This worked for me (windows 7 64-bit)!

I was installing overbridge with the RYTM Off, as I’m pretty sure we are told somewhere, that that is the right way to do it?

Anyways - I’m just happy that it works. Getting Windows 10 to work has been a PITA for the past 7 weeks, and I never got my whole music setup to work as well with Windows 10 as it does with Windows 7. Getting overbridge 2 to work in Windows 7 was the last piece in the puzzle.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Yes. I think for other os that is recommended, but not win7. I got the tip here somewhere too, so I’m just passing it along :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my case, win 7 64bits, I had to disable driver signature when installing, then EVERYTIME I turn on my computer I have to press F8 several times during boot and I choose disable the use of signed drivers. That does the trick for me.
Good luck.

1 Like

I did that as well during the installation proces.

1 Like

Belated bump…

Are any of you guys having any luck with the latest March 23 version of OB? I’m having major problems with it - see my post here: Major UI lag issues with new Overbridge 2.3.9

Support tells me they’ve changed the development framework which must explain it. Unless anyone’s found a way round the lag issues?

For me so far the best way around it is to not open the plug-in window itself. I don’t really use it anyway, just the routing. In REAPER you can also disable the GUI and just switch to a basic one. Not really usable but stops the slow-downs.

Be interested to see how others are doing with it.