Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

That USB sampling is a killer though.

Emagine!

4 Likes

Yeah I hope that’s how it will work.

1 Like

great video!

The lack of a fx track kills it for me. I hope this not to be true. What happens to all the fx send p-locks?

13 Likes

DT will be on my radar when her OB tricks are flawless! Looks like a good start (at last) :wink:

1 Like

Heya, maybe in a later phase? I’m using windows 10 and studio one 3

Tbh it’s kind of expected as it never has been in agenda and it’s not part of existing Overbridge. Fx in Electron boxes are send effects and summoned only to the final mix.

1 Like

That new compressor is final mix only, right? I kinda want it on everything. I really like the on-board effects of the Digitakt! I can’t say that about all the gear I own, but everything feels “of a piece” with the overall fantastic DT sound and I prefer cohesiveness, even if I have on-paper “superior” plugins for the job.

I thought USB sampling the individual channels back to the DT for a final mix with effects would work, but then is everything you did going to be mono?

Anyway: low latency! USB sampling! Sounds like they’re really delivering the goods, thank heavens!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing Dave!..hopefully it will be able to stream the track with fx (although they’re sends)…same goes for digitone fx :expressionless:… edit: after reading some more about this i don’t think i get this but i will see when ob 2.0 is released

1 Like

Ok. Maybe I get this wrong. On my A4 I can remove the tracks from the main out for multitracking the single trakcs, so only the fx remaining on the main out, that I can record as an extra stereo file via OB.
Is this possible here as well?

2 Likes

I wish I had more info to clarify this but I guess we will know quite soon.

1 Like

You can’t remove tracks from the main out on the DT currently. Hopefully they’ll implement it down the line.

2 Likes

I think this was something that before you had to do in the plugin, not the driver. So it not being possible with just the driver released sort of makes sense for now.

Latency-wise using the Elektrons as a soundcard never really was the problem. It was when using it as a plugin, and I seem to remember it had something to do with the special sync they used other than midi-clock and its roundtrip. In short: the release of the beta plugin will reveal all, so far its mainly about flawless operation. It worked ok for me in version 1 but occasionally(usually during longer recordings, around the 6/7mins mark) I’d get a weird glitch where the sound sped up and dropped out for a bit and then with a loud click would restore itself.

1 Like

All the more reason for a dedicated OB FX box imo. Something to marry with your current gear, but drop on as plugs where and how you want, with the sync Elektron is famous for.

But yeah, makes sense given there were never any global mute settings, or a dedicated Fx track

You have the main out (including the FX) and all individual channels.
So, summing up all individual channels, phase inverting the sum and adding the main outs gives you the FX channel :wink:

(Assuming all the channels are panned dead center)

5 Likes

Nice tip, but still far from optimal

1 Like

Yes, that’s true. I always used the plugin for that. Maybe it will be implented there

Hello @DaveMech thanks for the video!
Is there anything in your version of OB that allows you to move patterns+samples from one project to another?
Thanks

Did you return your signed contract included for the non-disclosure clause as beta-tester… Article 32, Line 231, paragraph B ? (joke)
:tongue:

Edit : (JOKE)

2 Likes

Thanks for watching :slight_smile:
As stated in the video this is phase one and only includes the driver. No sample/project managent yet. We’ll have to wait for the plugin for that :slight_smile:

1 Like