Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

Regarding the analog 4 you better contact support. that doesn’t sound good.

Regarding the pops and clicks: might want to report this to Elektron as well. I encountered this once when loading up iZotope Ozone and using a very heavy limiter algorithm. Any chance that you have some background processes running that could be causing this?

Do you select the tracks via the traps in overbridge? Because that doesn’t select the track on the hardware. For auto channel to work on a track you have to select it on the hardware. On the vst via the pads next to the piano roll could work as well I think.

You could also use the midi channels set for each track and change the midi channel on your midi keyboard if you want to play a different track. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks!! It did!

1 Like

good job Dave, :sunglasses:
dankjewel man.

1 Like

maybe Snappy Driver Installer could help you out,
i shared it here --> on the forum somewhere

hope it helps

mk1 units seem to have problems

Annnnnd another new video :slight_smile:
This time focussing on how to control VSTs with our instruments in Studio One and Ableton :slight_smile:
Hope it is of use!

6 Likes

Thanks @DaveMech I had missed a trick not having the switches enabled and wondering why I got no sound from the ‘Input’ tracks. Is there a way to stop the inputs coming up on the Pre FX, Post FX or Post Mixer options for the A4 so I can have all four synths on one audio track and the inputs on a second audio track or do I just need to route each voice separately and forego the FX if I want to have the ‘Input’ tracks on a seperate audio track in my DAW (Live)?

2 Likes

Answered my own question - turn down the inputs on the A4 and they still hit the ‘Inputs’ in the DAW but bypass the FX. Can have the A4 voices only coming in on Post Mixer or Post FX setting.

1 Like

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to set up individual inputs of the Digitakt into Reaper? I’m not very good at working with DAWs yet. I have Overbridge installed and everything works properly. I can use Overbridge as vst in Reaper and it will respond to my project on the Digitakt. But I don’t know how to add individual tracks in for example the mixer view. Checked a couple of threads but couldn’t find the answer. Anyone using Reaper knows how to do this? Thanks!

Hey, might I be able to fix this without using Track Delay in Ableton?

My Digitakt MIDI Out goes to Nord Drum 2 MIDI In. Everything works great without Overbridge VST on Mac. Using normal audio inputs of my audio interface, everything is in sync with Ableton and its metronome. When I start Overbridge, Digitakt is in sync with Ableton and metronome, but Nord Drum 2 goes off. I tried a lot of variations in both settings of Digitakt and Ableton.

Any advice? Thanks!

Is the nord drum synced through the digitakt and then the nord audio passed through a separate audio interface or passed through the digitakt?

Yes, first solution. Nord Drum 2 goes to audio interface all the time, not back to Digitakt. Sync between them only goes off when I use Digitakt with Overbridge in Ableton. I’m not using Digitakt as sound card.

I would most probably use track delay to try and fix it, not sure how ob handles the midi data and exactly where in the chain the latency might occur.

Try recording an audio clip with a trig on the first beat of the nord drum and use the track delay to offset the amount shown in the recorded clip.

Otherwise try to plug the nord audio into the digitakt and see how if affects the delay

1 Like

Oh wow! :open_mouth: :exploding_head:

I can’t wait for Logic Pro to be supported! I didn’t realize I could use all of those midi tracks I’ve had sitting unused to control softsynths. I think I picked a good time to move from an OTB setup to a hybrid setup!

1 Like

i just installed overbridge for A4 mk1 , but the status always like this , any hint ?

Just FYI you can control logic AU’s with Digitakt already just by midi… I don’t think overbridge will make that functionality much different…

1 Like

The most common cause is that the channel configuration in the Overbridge Control Panel is either misconfigured or that the configuration is somehow corrupt.

To solve this do the following:
Open up the OB Control Panel
Set the channel configuration to 2 in 2 out.
Press Apply and then reboot the unit.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll play around and see if I can figure it out.

thx i will try later tonight