Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

I wish I could play around with this right now! Have they released any updates for the Analog Rytm Mk. II drivers?

1 Like

Whatever ‘major technical issues’ they have had that have caused the delay I suspect they are with the core drivers and not the specific boxes, so if the Digitakt is working problem free, all of the other units should follow soon after (especially as their are already ready working editors for the MK1 A4, Heat and RYTM, so it shouldn’t be as a big a job as the Digitakt which was a new proposition)

Maybe I am just in a more optimistic mood now after seeing the HEAT MK2 editor :wink:

8 Likes

I think this is probably a good assessment of the situation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t been following OB too closely. For DT, I know you can output everything in separate tracks in your DAW for post processing, but what I’m wondering is does OB do much for getting samples onto the DT?

For instance, can you say grab a few bars from some tracks in your DAW, throw them onto the DT, remix them on the DT and and record that back into the DAW? Or is that beyond the scope of what OB is trying to do?

1 Like

from the beta testers, does ob 2.0 provide better clock sync? I’ve always had issues in the past keeping the mk1 devices syncd with a daw :frowning: tightly enough to use time based effects from the daw

Sample drag and drop is what I’m hoping is taking so long for them to finish OB 2

3 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see what ‘sample management functionality’ actually means
It could mean drag and drop , editing , trimming , arranging folders (though you can use transfer for that)

It could mean selecting a sample , which functionally it does now.
I can’t remember reading any actual detail on what is expected but it’s probably dealt with on another overbridge thread , not this specific beta / bug thread.

2 Likes

My dream scenario would be to have OB open in Ableton and to be able to quickly drag and drop samples into the hardware from with the set. Either from browser or from, if possible, the clips.

I then dream of an OT2 with OB that could do this on the fly when all other sorts of shit is going on. Would be amazing!

5 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

These videos are awesome!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Does anybody know when Overbridge 2.0 is released for the Digitone, will audio routed through it’s L / R inputs be able to record in a daw into a separate track? Or will it be mixed with other tracks? Thanks!

Hi Dave ! I own a AR mk2. The firmware of the rytm (and i think the others Elektron machines) don’t allow to have infos about P-locks counter (like on Scenes or Perfs).
So, do you think overbridge’s devs would implement this functionality in OB2, or in next firmwares of the machines ?
Thanks for your reply

Cheers

I’m so happy to have my DT back but wish the beta was still open, I’d love to test out OB finally.

haha I don’t wanna Bete test anything, sorry i am really grumpy today. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

tumblr_mktkgcYHU11sn7uiqo1_500

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I find it really really sad, that there are non official informations about the working progress.
It´s a shame (imo) for a company that beta-user (btw: thanks @DaveMech for your great Vids!! :hugs:) hold us up to date :confused:
I hope, that we all soon be redeemed… cheers :beers:

1 Like

Anyone know if OB for digitone is planned to be released at the same time?
Need a small audio interface and could potentially use digitone when OB is released

where the digitone overbridge @ ?