Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

You develop both concurrently, or at least I do.

My Analog Rytm plugin/editor source code looks like this:

Analog Rytm Editor

• Plugin
  • Source
  • Standalone

Plugin contains a plugin specific build; and gets everything else from Source (this build contains all the bits and bobs for AU / VST etc.)

Standalone contains a specific standalone build; and gets everything else from Source (There is no AU / VST stuff at all in this build)

The Source folder contains all the shared code; components, data model, engine etc.

All UI/UX, code changes etc., like adding a new button the GUI, adding new functionality, happen in Source; so changes are then reflected in both the Plugin and Standalone versions concurrently.

Hi. Did you manage to check it out?

@AdamJay

Yes.

And that’s for every Plugin within Studio One

so that’s completely normal. It gets automatically compensated and has no direct influence on real time midi/audio recording. In studio one 3 there’s also a record off-set feature to manually compensate (like ableton’s manual delay compensation) so that recordings don’t get set “too early” in the time line. Pretty normal behavior AFAIK.

Hope this clarifies some things.

Which is the slightly more obscure, and I believe AmE, version of ‘nads’.
Go’ and check the almighty Ngram. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Still pretty high imo. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Guess it’s just the nature of Overbridge.

My observation regarding other plugins was off by the way. I think there’s either a bug in studio one or in the vst of OB. The latency indication stays at 27ms even when I remove the OB vst.

Oh, well, that’s kindof strange… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Nah, it’s normal behavior. My mistake. In studio one an instrument stays active when removing only a track. So OB vst was still active.

1 Like

Aah, no problem. :slight_smile:

I assume that since it is possible to route all 4 of the tracks on an A4 mkII to the independent outputs only and not to the main out, it will be possible to stream the fx channel only through the main out… :boom:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I’m not sure how to search through 200+ replies in this post, but I have a simple question - will Overbridge 2.x support older devices, A4 Mk1 in particular? I see that current Overbridge isn’t working with the newest A4 Mk1 firmware, which is weird.

I understand it will, due to USB limitations it will support fewer channels at a time than with the MK2s, though.

3 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

hey -
been absent from the forum for a while. is there is a single page/location where i can find info or updates on overbridge?

Other than that there is no news! A closed beta is out, but only to a select few; the rest of us don’t know any more than we did a year ago.

thx. thought so.

:pensive:

In de first post you’ll find 3 videos showcasing the beta. We do know more than a year ago actually. :slight_smile:

One thing we know now, is that, like this time last year, it’s not out yet! 2019 release? Poor elektron, it sounds like mac development has hit some major snags.

1 Like

If its just the Mac side that’s an issue (and that can be like try to hit a moving goal) they should release the PC version first!!

(yes, I am a PC uiser ;-))

3 Likes