Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

All of the mki devices are not compatible with the old OB if up to date firmware wise. That was explained by elektron when the firmware updates were released

1 Like

I dunno, have you seen the new Fallout’s beta release? Looks laughably bad graphically.

It’ll be ready when it’s ready. I can’t wait to see the final build of it. Could be the final mail in the coffin for my resolve and might end up repurchasing that DT o bang on about.

Not sure if this has been covered but will the plugin allow sample management from within a DAW? I’m your head I’m thinking you’ve got a piece of audio on a track in live that you drag onto your Digitakt via the plugin for use on the device (either within the project or away from the computer).

Not a massive thing but it’d remove a step or two and smooth out workflow anyway.

1 Like

Very promising that you get 20+ channels going with the plug-in. Is that 24bit 48kHz?

2 Likes

Im getting impatient, looking really fab this! 20 tracks - is that all three boxes youre refering to? Thanks for the updates!

1 Like

Yeap that’s right :slight_smile:
Using Digitone as an audio interface to stream its tracks and then using 2 vst plugins to stream all tracks of both DT’s all at the same time at a 32 samples buffer range in my DAW.

3 Likes

I’ll have that beer if you don’t want it

1 Like

So phase 4? How many phases of beta testing are we talking? Would be quite handy to have this overbridge thing working soon. :slight_smile:

Rushing to release would be a massive mistake if you ask me.

Better they get it working properly.

1 Like

How much latency is the DT plugin itself reporting to your DAW (not the buffer) ?

3 Likes

Im going to check if I can see that in Studio one tomorrow.

3 Likes

Any word?

2 Likes

Wow! Quick turnaround from standalone to plugin.

Bodes well for my Mac que

1 Like

Darn, totally forgot. Been immersed in preparations for ADE. Will have a look later this week if I have some relaxing time.

Something I wonder, if i use the VST to stream audio from the Digitakt do I need to use the audio driver?

No, you do not.
At least not “as an interface in your daw”.
The driver functionality is packed into the VST. This is what allows you to use multiple Elektron boxes, where most daws allow for only one interface for input at s time.
It also means no need to aggregate.

9 Likes

Thank you! That’s a big relief :slight_smile: Don’t want to aggregate !

1 Like

mac beta still in phase 1?

Yeet

i’m jealous of ppl who will buy elektron stuff after OB is released

3 Likes