Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

You can still use the audio driver without the vst plug in. So i have an ARMKII and DT so i can break out the ARmkii into individual tracks in my DAW and use the DT plugin for the individual DT tracks…and do some editing of the DT on pc if it helps work flow…but not the ARMKII…i just can access the audio streams…which in itself is amazing. There is still along way to go however.

But guys be patient. It wont revolutionize your music making trust me. The boxes are just as useful and just as awesome when they stand alone. Although im testing i unplug the USB 70% of the time and get back to using the boxes far far away from any computer… still smiling. Still happy…being able to stem out tracks hasnt ment that my music output has increased or my production ability has jumped forward. Try not to build your expectations of OB to the point of it never satisfying your imaginations. Its the same box at the end of the day. With the same capabilities and limits.

3 Likes

i dont have time to stem out 8 tracks one by one to a daw for mixing. is all i need OB for. so i dont give up precious hrs of life. it’s 50% of why i bought an elektron, tbh!

5 Likes

How did you get the DT to work as a soundcard?

Sorry if i wasn’t clear Cstep333, i was responding to someone asking a question about beta phase of OB testing. And why/how you would be able to use ob without the plugin if only DT has a plugin…if it wasn’t clear im also testing beta…so the beta audio driver alows me to use any Elektron device as a soundcard…:blush: no plugin needed.

1 Like

cool, yeah, i didn’t get the part of OB beta. Just scanned through the text. my bad.

Happy to hear the sound card functionality is working out for you, just hope that Elektron get their fingers out and release OB before christmas. I must sound like a broken record at times, as i was saying a similar thing a year ago, then again in feb, then march. I know the individual-outs is a major factor for most, but the sound card aspect was more important for me.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic posts

OB will save upwards of 8x the time tracking for me. As a busy adult with responsibilities, that’s the difference between finishing a track or letting it die on the shelf.

But it’s cool. I have the beta driver.

Wondering if the plugin beta has an AU version? or just VST?

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Thanks! I had no idea I could stream the audio now, being able to stream some individual tracks from A4mk2 and ARmk1 and free up some inputs on my interface will keep me happy for now. I’ll give this a try tomorrow.

Your attention please.
While I can understand people are impatient, such feeling has been expressed countless times in all the variations possible and is invariably bringing a bitter taste in this place.

The variations about mods being cops and shutting down any comment that criticizes Elektron are getting pretty old as well. And are not very respectful of the work we’re doing to maintain this place.

Sterile venting is rejected by the community : accept it and move on.
Being flagged is not being a victim, it’s being out of point.

Please stay on topic and have some understanding.

24 Likes

So I don’t understand how to do this… do I need to change the audio input device in my daw (live)?

Say I want to use my audio interface for most of my hardware inputs but free up some space on it by using Overbridge 2.0 to get an audio stream of some of the A4 and AR tracks… can I do this?

Hi Dapifer
Sorry again if i wasn’t being clear. I was responding to your question that related directly to OB and why or how you could use OB without the plugin. The response was only intended to give reasons as to why and how OB beta audio drivers could still be used without the vst. As the title of this thread is about beta i thought it was clear but you are the second person (Cstep333) to reply in exactly this way…so i do apologize. To do what is mentioned you must be a beta tester. If you are, then shoot over to the beta thread and we can discuss there where its relevant and on topic. If not i didn’t mean to mislead you into thinking the above was possible but if you read over the thread you can see that i was explaining in response to your question the ways in which the beta can currently be used. :blush:

I am a beta tester, I thought this was the closed Beta thread for some reason.

hahaha excellent!

Actually, head over to the new beta 6 thread and i will talk you through it there. Mods will likely most this somewhere else.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-beta-phase-6-heat-vst-plugin-and-updated-drivers-for-mac-and-windows/68064/39?u=adam9

1 Like

I have a digitakt coming this week and have accepted that will be the case for me as well for a while. What is your process for dumping into the DAW so you can get the timing nice and tight? I use Ableton Live.

record into live then warp the audio to fit whatever grid you’re using. it takes all of 5 seconds

Yes thats true and not that bad. I just want to keep the feel from the digitakt. Maybe i am missing something there, but i am not sure the best way to warp. Clearly a kick would be easier since they start at one so often but what about sounds that start later?

I should get better at old school recording anyway so i need to figure this out. I agree its not the end of the world though.

Man, I always miss my DT till I get back on these threads lol.

To be real though in restrospect having the DT without OB was/is better than no DT at all. Hopefully I’ll have another some day soon.

1 Like

A short question for the beta testers out there:

It’s just the VST for the Digitakt which gets beta tested yet (besides the driver, of course), isn’t it?

They’ve released the beta for the heat yesterday:)
Going to record and release a video tomorrow to show it !

7 Likes