Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

Is it still in the driver testing phase or already reached the plugin testing phase? I’m curious

Still phase 1. Phase 2 will be the Mac driver test. Beyond that we have no information yet but my guess is that phase 3 will be the plugin test.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info!

Ok, so Tuesday, whats the latest update of OB 2.0?:wink:

I wonder why the Windows driver is not released for everyone? According to your review, it worked without issues already a month ago.

Well it’s a beta, so they’re finding issues using a select user base without shipping potentially buggy drivers to thousands and thousands. Users have found some small bugs relating to sample rate selection and missing channels but the most recent update seems to have resolved this. If they just released it to the masses straight away then they would’ve got thousands of complaints about missing tracks and everything else they couldn’t catch with internal QA alone.

2 Likes

i was hoping to finally getting to work with overbridge september. but oct/nov/dec sounds more plausible.

they should have never use overbridge in the digitakt pre campaign.

I’d guess it’s not released to everyone as currently it’s not ‘released’, just beta.
And for one person to say a very small aspect works on their particular setup is not enough and is definitely not a review .

We’re all keen to get it and when released will still have problems . It won’t be the magic glue that allows you to release fully finished albums and tour the world.

I’ve been on titles with QA testing it for the entire project and towards the end was 24hours with 100’s around the world , bugs still got through when it hit the masses , though admittedly that was millions of people , not 1000’s . I’m pretty sure it’ll happen here , just hopefully no issues that are so obvious that a dog would find it.

I’m not expecting them to release it ”straight away”… but it’s a year late already so I would expect them to release it when it works well enough.

Apparently it doesn’t yet work well enough then and seeing how long it’s been in development, that’s a bummer.

I can say that the drivers for Windows 10 work well (on my system). But we know from this forum that they had to do a major overhaul of the drivers, so presumably working “well enough” is a relatively recent development.
Elektron have caught a lot of flak over this so I think when they release Overbridge they want to do it properly. That means solid drivers for Windows & Mac, and a plugin (which no one here has yet seen in action).

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge

What about muting the tracks you don’t want to send to the master bus?
If the master does have the FX send signal blend in, using the mutes directly on the DT’s other tracks should do the trick, right?

Nope, that’s the thing. Muting a track on the DT stops it from sending it to the master output and will stop it from sending the signal to the send fx. Muting a track doesn’t mute the audio by the way, it mutes the triggers on that track. Muting it by lowering the amp volume or master volume will stop it from sending it to the send fx. Otherwise this wouldn’t be an issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course, I meant muting the tracks wich you don’t wan’t to send to the master to be processed with fx.

That way you could only send the one you want, and the FX could be recorded from the master.
It would be a Dry + Wet signal, obviously.

Anyways these are all guessing hahaha :smile:

Ah yeah, well of course you can do that, but that would mean recording each track individually that uses fx which negates the whole track streaming thing Eh :wink: You could invert the dry recording and be left with the wet signal. Not ideal though.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But in the end if it results to be the only way to record fx p-lock trigs, we’ll have no choice but to do it that way.

Don’t think elektron will let that happen tho, most likely they will sort something out for this fx send thing and OB. Thanks for the replies Dave, keep up the good work, and keep us informed about the Beta :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to do it dude :slight_smile:

Olle pretty much confirmed we’ll be able to mute tracks on the software from streaming to the master output, thus resulting in a fully wet signal coming through the master out while simultaneously recording the dry tracks. I think it works like this for Rytm mk1 already on ob1

4 Likes

can OVB v1 (for mk1 models) and OVB v2 beta co-exist on the same system?

My educated guess would be no. I think with the latest OS releases for the Mk1 machines they specifically made them incompatible with OBv1 for that reason, to streamline everything into one bundle.
It makes me wince that they released those OS updates, essentially removing working Overbridge 1 capability from systems that had been fine for a few years in prep for something that looks to be months and months away from being released.