Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

There is still hope… good thinking :dizzy_face::heart_eyes:

Windows 7 is retired in 2020

In another topic a certain Elektron employee implied that there will be something in the plugin/software to mute tracks from the master out ;).

about win7: I happily switched to windows 10 which is a lot more stable. Never looked back once. I can keep my computer updated at all times as well without worrying.

8 Likes

Good news

2 Likes

Thats right. But it’s 2018 … at least it was as i checked last :wink:

1 Like

Yes it is :slight_smile:
But really only 1 year away from obsolete OS that will stop being supported, better for Elektron to focus on windows 10 than split dev time on two versions of windows when one is going to be unsupported in 16 months

1 Like

Got ya. But apart from the Mac Users i bet that a lot of Studios still use Windows 7 and wont upgrade even after Support is over. Too many Projects, too many Deadlines to meet - not enough time. Especially not for the Pain of upgrading a System that just works! Elektron should not forget these people. Especially because they are the ones who really make use of Overbridge in the end - if they use it :wink:

2 Likes

Some good(?) news for you umonox:

(support for Windows 7 and 8 will be added in a later release).

Whether said later release is during beta or after I’m not sure, but I guess you can wait a little longer, right? :wink:

4 Likes

so if you have 4 Electron boxes and a Mac, you ain’t connecting anything else?

1 Like

Powered hub.

1 Like

I really hope for tuesday now.

2 Likes

why powered?

OpenGL Needed to run - Isn’t Apple dropping OpenGL support very soon?

Ah nice. That’s cool of them to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Needs to be.

d’oh! Yup… Apple has flagged OpenGL as deprecated and will no longer update it. But OpenGL stays available in the latest version - so dropped but not entirely removed.

Hmm… why though?! I mean those boxes have a PSU, right…?

The manual says you should connect directly to computer. I used to use straight hub with limited success. Since getting powered hub (13 ports full) ive had zero issues.

My info is not based on any written info, just my experience. And it has been very positive.

1 Like

I think the stipulation to use multiple boxes with the original overbridge was that the usb hub needed to be multi tt

Yes, and also why they sold the $65US Overhub USB hub.

thanks for the Info :wink: