Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

Breaking the Elektron law for views @DaveMech?
:grin:

1 Like

Oh I get it now! Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

I’d break laws if it would feed me my weekly portion of views. evil laughter

3 Likes

Jesus Effin’ Christ, it looks like the Overbridge beta already can do everything I need and will let me turn my many Digitakt/Digitone compositions into finished music sooner rather than later- Thanks for this video!

It’s super helpful to know that the tracks are dry, so I can start anticipating this in my workflow- I take it this applies to Chorus as well? (I forget if chorus is a Digitone-only thing, in hindsight)

2 Likes

Check out the signal flow diagram in your manual for whatever device. One of the caveats of individual outs is that the individual tracks are sent to the outputs before being routed through the master FX.

You can configure your device’s voice routing to send just the wet FX signal to your master bus. This would let you multi-track the individual voices but also have another stereo track of the master FX.

Good point about the wet FX routing!

Great video! :grinning: thanks Dave

Hey, thanks for the video, this is cool :grin: i have a question, can you use in the same daw the Digitakt integration with another USB interface like a Xone db4?

1 Like

Yeah that’s what i’m also curious about. Is it possible to stream the 8 Digitakt Tracks and not have to switch your Audio Device to the Digitakt in your Main DAW Settings? Because then i would loose the ability to multitrack every other synth in my studio when i’m recording the digitakt, and that would just make no sense to me at all.

2 Likes

Thats what you use the plugin for.

This version of the beta, as shown on the video, is only the OB driver. OB plugin, soooooon.

5 Likes

Ahh okay, get it! Glad it’s possible. Hope it’s working :roll_eyes: Thanks for the reply!

Pretty rad video @DaveMech I appreciate you posting!

1 Like

Thanks d! :slight_smile:

looks solid. if this is all OB ends up being, it’s enough for me.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. This makes sense. Seems they wanna figure out the less common configurations first :smiley:

2 Likes

Hmm don’t know about that tbh :). Phase 1 is windows 10, Phase 2 is mac. So maybe they’ll have a phase for older versions of Mac and windows? No Idea yet. You could try and ask @Olle

1 Like

Just a guess :wink: But maybe they also want to support Win 10 and the like much more than the older Versions since these are current now … Anyway. Since i dont do these kinds of Videos at the moment im fine that i dont get access. Was just curious :wink:

1 Like

I’m really excited – thanks for sharing! I applied for the MacOS beta, so fingers crossed that I am one of the chosen ones. Great to see it working =)

Totally agree. I couldnt wait for OB to treat tracks separately. Ive been beta testing and its made me seriously appreciate the compressor and even more the reverb. And the relationship between the compressor and reverb when set to pre comp…The only thing i continually go back to in my daw is hi pass on everything but bass and kick, and some stereo seperation on pads and chords. Tried band pass here and there a few times…if the above were incorporated into the DT it would be capable of anything…and you wouldnt need a daw…

3 Likes

Critical support for win7 ends in jan 2020 (mainstream support is already over) so makes sense to not target it too much. Let’s not have a repeat of doggedly sticking to it like with XP everyone!

It might still work on 7 anyway just elektron support won’t touch it?