Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

i agree, and i’m a mac user!

2 Likes

A year into owning my a4 mkII and still no word on OB besides these little teasers. very depressing.

5 Likes

Nice marketing Elektron!
Please send us an email when we will finally be able to use your hardware the way you advertised it.
Im actually debating between court claim and mass selling all my elektrons.
Cheers!

8 Likes

Hey,

thanks for the videos. How do you work with multiple Digitakts? What about aggregating inputs? What do you put where inside your DAW? Do you use the VST on each track?

wonder if i can log into my betting account and bet on whether OB will be released by the end of 2018 or not…

If overbridge isn’t launched in 2018 I think it will be realy devastating for Elektron, I am realy surprised thar their are not more angry new users threatening class actions. If I had paid several thousand for Mk2 rytm and A4 etc with overbridge ready in the box over a year ago I would be fuming.

As it is I have a digitone and heat mk2 without overbridge and I realy miss it (as I have OB on my MK1 rytm and A4). What a mess.

1 Like

If it was only Overbridge…
Some shops are also selling Elektron hardware with supposed audio interface capabilities, without telling they are tied to Overbridge2 release.
I got burned thinking i could use my AHmk2 as an audio interface…

Stereo Analogue Sound Processor
8 x Analogue stereo distortion circuits
Analogue stereo multi-mode filter (7 filter types)
2-Band stereo analogue EQ
Assignable Envelope / Envelope Follower
Assignable LFO
128 user memory slots
Very robust and high precision encoder
Large 122 x 32 pixel backlit LC display
Backlit buttons
2-in / 2-out audio interface
MIDI I / O / T with DIN Sync output
48 kHz / 24 bit D / A and A / D converter
Controller inputs: Input level: -5 V to +5 V, CV, expression pedals, footswitch are possible
Robust steel housing
Overbridge capable
Two 6.3 mm balanced jack outputs
Two 6.3mm balanced jack inputs
Headphone output
Two 6.3 mm CV / Expression Pedal jack inputs
USB 2.0 port
Headphone output with +22 dBu peak
Dimensions (W x H x D): 215 x 184 x 63 mm
Weight: 1.5 kg
Includes power supply and USB cab

It’s definitely already hurting them. I have all the Elektron boxes (and truly love them) except Heat but bought a competitor to the Heat because of this.

I’m certain I’m not the only one who brought their money elsewhere because of the over bridge debacle.

Pity really.

To be frank: it would be nice to have this topic not turn into another OB complaint box. It is frustrating for everyone and elektron as well but it has been discussed to death by now. It is what it is and it’s coming to fruition finally. It looks great so far and in a bit more time we can all enjoy this hybrid way of working.

It’s getting close, but I don’t think end of 2018 is realistic

One new cool thing I can say about the latest beta phase is that it’s now possible to mute tracks from the main output so that only the send fx are streamed to the computer. So that’s awesome :slight_smile:

23 Likes

It would be nice indeed… Apologies… Hard to resist the temptation to rant…!

2 Likes

Hell yeah it is. The beta updates have been coming pretty hot and fast for mac and windows lately. I’ve been unable to find any weird behavior and it’s slick as hell.

5 Likes

If it is that stable and is Beta (not Alpha) I really cant understand why they don’t offer an ‘at your own risk/no support given’ beta download for the rest of us who are just watching from the wings…

Be a nice Christmas present!

3 Likes

That’s only my experience on my system, I don’t know that it’s representative of anyone else using it.

Only one way to find out!

I have a Heat MK2 that I got to use with overbridge to route VSTs through to warm up…(although my guitar things differently ;-)). A Digitone that would be lovely to edit on a computer (although I haven’t heard anything about a Digitone editor, any one know if this is even being worked on?) and a RYTM MK 1that wants to try the 2 Osc s synth but doesn’t want to loose OB…

I am more than happy to try the Beta at my own risk!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I’ve kind of lost track here, the title says ‘plugin’, is it still only the Digitakt that has the plugin? Or is it available for A4mk2 yet?

What way are people using the Beta if there’s no plugin available?

Only for digitakt for now yes. They recently released the beta digitakt plugin for Mac osx. Things are looking good there as far as I can tell from the posts in the mac topic. Some minor issues here and there.

4 Likes

AU version?

Every time I switch off the Digitakt it crashes Ableton! :confused:

Oh, well, after all this time I’ve finally given up on Overbridge and just started transferring tracks to Ableton using the analog method… a pretty sad and unsatisfying experience overall, but I guess the end result is mostly OK… probably have something that is about 90% of what it could be with full driver support :expressionless:

I had signed up for the beta on the very first day, but the powers that be decided not to include me :confused: