Overbridge 2.0.44

It did sound suspicios … but hey, this is Elektronauts, so why not to say the obvious either way. Everyone was a newbie once, you too.

5 Likes

I didn’t want to sound cocky by any means, it’s just humor. I thought that thanking you would dispel any sort of cockiness.

1 Like

Did some quick tests. Powered up 5 OB Elektron devices, then opened Ableton Live, then opened an old Project and another one. Everything’s good for the moment, no crashes. Looks promising.

7 Likes

It’s a very reasonable question. My reading of their announcement left me wondering if it does indeed work with Big Sur now but that theyaren’t confident saying so yet and are still testing/developing…

To clear any confusion, the link in the title post will also get you a quick clarification:

Supported computer OS
• macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update)

3 Likes

I’ve corrected the emphasis within the text to create less ambiguity, support for that OS is actively being worked on, but it is not yet complete. From what i have gleaned, there is a step change required with Big Sur, as opposed to a small evolution/tweak, due to the under the hood changes from Apple. I am therefore sure that when support is in place, the announcement will be very obvious, i wouldn’t imagine we are talking this side of 2021, but i could be mistaken.

3 Likes

I’ll trade you for my OT MKI AE (Airyck Edition) :wink:

4 Likes

Plus cash? Reverb price or legit price?

1 Like

Legit of course!

3 Likes

User of A4 et AR, I have done the mistake to up grade Mac OS on Big Sur. I haven’t read the compatibility pb before. I am little despress lol.
Do you have an idea how long the pb will be there ? Any idea to fix it temporarly ?
I would line to know if it’s some days, some weeks or some months. In order to organize my workflow
Thank you

Should be solved in 2045 (2.0.45). :pl:

1 Like

Great, thank you

the minimum is weeks, possibly months - there will be no announced prediction, so nobody knows - those testing this may have a gut feel for how close it is likely to be to stable, but it won’t be announced until it is released

Ok thank you for your response.
If we need beta test I can help as nothing will work until the official release on my computer.
Apple MacBook Pro + Logic audio pro + Ableton live

2 Likes

Can anyone put up the previous version of Overbridge? I had it working fine with Big Sur by disabling SIP and sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext. It looks like the new version does not have ElektronOverbridge.kext but does not work with Big Sur. Thanks.

My A4 and AR mk1 still no recognized by OB with ableton. Am I the only one? My OS is Windows 10

Hi,

I’m still blocked with this issue. I have a red message in the AR/A4 plugin window " The paired device has an incomptaible OS version. Please shut down your daw etc…"
I have the latest update : A4-> 1.50A AR -> 1.60A OB -> 2.0.44.
Thanks for your help

Did you uninstall OB, restart your computer, install the new OB, restart your computer again?

This installs all of the new plugins too. Seems like the old plugins are not being removed first.

2 Likes

I always delete .dll manually, uninstall OB, reboot, install the new OB, Cut/Paste the new .dll to my Custom Folder and Restart. Never had any issues.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, I will test that.

1 Like