Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

Ymmv, but it’s been OK for me on Catalina.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Was just curious(and hoping) there may be some improvements coming to Cubase(Im on Pro 10.5) with Overbridge 2.0? Since the official release I’m still having issues with my AH Mk2 via Overbridge in Cubase. Im on Mojave 10.14.6 as well. The plugin will open, but whenever I try to click on any menu I get the long rolling OSX pinwheel and will sometimes have to wait a minute or more for the plugin to update. The same will happen if I try to open the plugin if it was closed for a while. My Digitone seems to work great on the latest versions in Cubase and haven’t tried my other boxes yet(AR Mk2 and A4 Mk2). Logic seems to work perfectly(I know that Logic was on the list of fully supported DAWs).

Thanks very much

You might be able to help me with this since I haven’t gotten a response… how do you actually get audio out of your Digitone VST in Cubase? I’m on Cubase 10 on a Mac and I feel like I’m missing something because the plugin will look like it’s reacting to what the digitone is doing in terms of playing the trigs, but when I try to monitor it, I’m getting no audio.

Thanks!

Hi guys re my Digitakt when I attempt to use my Keystep Pro as Master with Ableton Ext on and Overbridge 2.0 VST on, I experience a 2 second delay before the Digitakt is triggered from starting the KSP (I put a midi cable between KSP out and DT in but it’s being ignored as soon as VST is on). Is there any way I can cut that delay? Any of you manage to make Overbridge work with external midi sync? Is it a feature that OB is supposed to support yet? Do I need to set specific parameters in OB, on the Digitakt menu itself and in Ableton? Cheers.

500 euro multiclock solutions are not on the horizon for me just yet :slight_smile:

I’m trying to live stream using the digitakt as my audio interface. I have two synths coming through the external inputs. When I monitor it through my computer headphone out everything is fine. When I open OBS or other streaming software I only get sound from digitakt main out but the external inputs don’t go to the main out in overbridge so they don’t come through. In overbridge I’ve got the external input selected for monitoring.

Good God…I got it working finally!!! Had to install it a few times, and then figured out that I needed to switch “Analog In/Out” to “Auto” on my Analog Heat. That’s 2 days of head scratching behind me. Also realized I didn’t have to use the AH vst as a return. Now I have a new soundcard/processor. This is gonna be so amazing!! Thank you Elektron!!

1 Like

Strange. None of my elektron devices are being picked up after 2.0.37 install.

Anyone else see this? It was fine with the last beta. Now, there’s no communication apparently.

Were there firmware updates for the devices required to work with OB 2.0.37?

Oh no! That sucks. That happened to me after my first install. I uninstalled it again and this time unplugged the AH from the usb and the next time it worked correctly. Strange, the first time it was working fine and then the vst didn’t recognize the AH. Further up the thread people have had to uninstall and re-install. Some a few times.

Someone should definitely start a thread with all the things people have to do to get this thing working correctly.

1 Like

Yes happened to me as well, resintall did the trick. I think it’s part of the game that Elektron let you find out about those things xD you must earn it…

Was watchin your YT vid’s earlier. I’m hesitating to install 2.0 public because overbridge seem to work ok. The only thing I’m curious about: Does this release solve the 18 track crazyness. I mean when i have to record DT in realtime (Studio one) i’ll have to route the 9 vst outputs to 9 additional audiotracks so 1 DT has a spread over 18 faders to be able to record. It seems that you just arm corresponding tracks and be able to record straight away! That’s awesome

Im not using the DT as soundcard Btw

I’ve only used Overbridge in Ableton and Logic. Ableton’s the easiest for sure.

Perhaps i’m missing something @DaveMech ?

Here also, Overbridge used to recognize Analog Heat MkII in Windows 10 and now it does not.

Hope the new update come soon and repaird this.

I am using Overbridge version 2.0.37.3

uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch, it worked for me like this

3 Likes

Yes, it is now recognized. I had to go to System/USB Config/ And Tested the Midi then the interface and returning again to overbridge and now it is recognized. On each config type I turn it off and on the Analog Heat MkII.

Now I am going to Presonus hope this works. I am very excited :wink:

I got my DTakt working with LPX. Yay!

BUT (very large),

Does anyone else notice that the noise floor is really high? Like if you start to compress anything it really pops out. It might be because the signal coming out of the Digitakt is really low. Does anyone else notice this or have a fix?

Luckily I put some rx7 on there and clean it all up. BUT that does degrade the signal a little bit. I’m curious if anyone else has this problem? :grinning:

Edit: The noise was in my samples, not the digitakt.

There is a thread on here on that exact subject. Couldnt find it myself, but basically it talked about using a “Utility” effect in Ableton (You would have to find something similar in another DAW) to add amplitude to each track. There was a really long argument about why Elektron made the noise floor so low…
Anyways, use a "“utility” (basically an amp) effect in Ableton and turn up each channel to where you wan them to be.

Unfortunately raising the gain in the track wont change the ratio between the noise floor is at and the top of the signal. When you start compress it or, or throw OTT on it the noise is very much there. Totally a bummer. They should fix it. Or give an option to increase the volume going out. There seems to be an option like that in my settings, but when I increased it, it doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ll look for the thread. Thank you!!!

Edit: The noise was in my samples, not the digitakt.