Overbridge 2.0.35 Public Beta

1. Does Digitakt show up in Overbridge Control Panel?
  2. Does Digitakt work as a sound card?

(From other peoples experience; USB 2.0 cable and slot seems to work the best)

1 Like

No

Then it’s a driver problem somewhere. Check Device Manager (windows utility) if there is any error code.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, is Digitakt in Overbridge Mode? That’s a classic. I’ve missed that lots of times.

2 Likes

Yes, there is no driver installed on Windows, if I do automatic driver search it doesn’t find anything.
Is there any folder where I should find this driver?

Does this work?

3 Likes

Yes, this way is working stand alone, as plug-in and as audio interface. Will do a complete test of the functions and report if there is any other issue, at a first hearing audio quality is good at a sample rate of 512 while using ASIO4all.

1 Like

I got that. I quit and restarted the overbridge engine and it was fine again this never happened the Previous version I used, 2.0.33.

I was also quitting Logic w/ReWire at the same time, so it could have been that.

Still having problems with this current version - I uninstalled and reinstalled the new version, but the Digitakt stays stuck on ‘measuring’ and running the standalone application shows ‘no device selected’

Specs:
OB Version: 2.0.35
DT Version: 1.11
Overbridge enabled in DT OS

Thank you for all your hard work on this very impressive platform!
I only just started working with Overbridge(latest beta version) on my Digitone and AH2(haven’t tried my RYTM Mk2 yet).

I see above on the original post that Cubase still needs some work to reach the other DAWs on the supported list - I can confirm that my Analog Heat plugin in Cubase(Latest version 10.5) is unstable and usually will crash my session after instantiating the plugin. It works perfectly in the latest version of Logic for me. The Digitone on the other hand is working great in Overbridge on Cubase.

Im on OSX 10.14.6.

Thanks so much!
I am spending all day tomorrow trying to get the following to work with Ableton 9.5 on Siera 10.12.5 OS:
Rym mk2
A4 mk2
DT
DN

Hope it will be smooth sailing :slight_smile:

Hi,
I was experimenting some crashes with 2.0.30 version when loading ableton sets that where using the older version (1.15) of the Overbridge VST plugin. So I ended up installing only the standalone version to avoid crash that won’t let me edit my older work anymore.
Is that fixed with this version ?

Thanks,
Silvio

Success!

1 Like

Hello guys, first of all thanks to Elektron to still improving Overbridge, you are doing such a good job!
I´m experiencing a clock sync trouble with my devices, that´s what I´would like to ask for your help. I have a AR MKI and A4 MKI, both devices are connected straight to the computer usb ports (macbook pro). Everything works properly but the MIDI clock with Ableton under Mac Os X El Capitan. Pressing Play in Ableton everything starts in time, but after a few bars i start to have a little clock delay and if i leave them playing, the delay becomes a bit longer. Then I have to press Stop and press Play again. This happened to me with the previous 2.0.30 update, with the 2.0.35 the delay is even longer. Plugins and soundcard (Motu Ultralite) latency are set to 256 ms and Usb in RYTM is 6/8 Input channels activated, no outs and FOUR is 6/6 Input channels activated, also no outs (green light). Must also say for me the “Song Position” Sync mode is more precise than “Clock+Transport”.
Am I doing something wrong maybe? Any hep would be appreciate, thanks in advance and stay healthy!

I downloaded and installed macOS 10.15.4 and it looks like all the Digitone sync problems magically went away. Macbook Pro 16" here…
So, the problem was on Apple’s side, not Elektron’s. Sorry Elektron!!!

1 Like

Known issues:

*Issue with paramters under certain cicumstances not syncronizing propperly for the AR mk1.
*Higher loads on the CPU may cause dropouts when using the units as Audio Interfaces.
*Stability issues.

I’ve read many things regarding the issues above; but my question is this… Should I worry?

These issues are happening quite often in my new A4MK2. The only way to “reset” this issue is to stop playback and change the buffer size of my project in Logic Pro X after hearing a glitch.

There is the single “trip-glitch” causes the encoders get extreme audio latency, while the “freeze-glitch” causes the audio to drop out - they are two distinct sounds, and I know them well. The trip-glitch occurs when adjusting parameters using the encoders on the A4, and the freeze-glitch happens at random times.

A bit of background info:
I trigger the A4MK2 via USB-MIDI 100% of the time while streming/recording most tracks via USB - Sometimes 2 tracks, other times all 8 tracks.

These issues had also occurred on a ARMK2, though I returned it to purchase the A4… but the issues seem to occur in the A4 as well.

I don’t know if this update will take care of these bugs, but i’m downloading and installing today.

is there an option to turn off the nag bubble? the latest update only concerns OSX, I’m not interested in being reminded about it.

Hmmm, I’m not getting A4 MK2 to work on Mac catalina with Ableton 10. It works in standalone and if I use my mac’s built in output as the output device, but for some reason when i select my MOTU ultralite MK4 as the output device I can’t get any sound out of the Overbridge VST or AU. Everything else works normally with the ultralite so i’m a bit stumped - it’s just the combination of the two that seems to render A4 overbridge useless. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the update I don’t know if it’s this particular update but the sound level coming out of the DT through USB is now fantastic, finally on level with the analog outputs - cheers! No need to push Ableton over +0DB or use Sausage Fattener on it LOL (make sure to select POST-FX in the bounced invidual tracks) actually I even have to group my individual audio outs and lower the group at about -15db, that’s plenty of headroom :slight_smile:

Btw silly noobish question but when I turn the individual track volume knob it’s not syncing either way between the VST and the DT (but the other knobs are syncing all good, and both ways) - is there a workaround to this when the DT is in USB/DAW mode? I’m using Ableton.

Also is there an individual track mute function on the VST? Can’t find it… :confused:

And is there a way to browse and change the patterns from a drop-down menu on the VST as well?

1 Like