Overbridge 2.0.31 Public Beta

Interesting, you might just want to set up a dual boot system that allows you to boot into W10 and avoid the hassle…

I just tried the standalone for my RYTM mkII. Its awesome! This is the best way to record drums, IMO. It dumps super accurate, no jitter WAV files into a folder and then you can just drop them into the DAW. Select them all at once and pull them the first bar and then chop away the dead space before the first hit.

This is THE way to record the RYTM, imo. I really like OB in Ableton as well, but this is even better.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m trying to avoid dual-booting ; I use Linux 95% of the time, so having a virtual Windows 10 for trying Overbridge out is my best and handiest option - I realise I won’t be able to actually use it for recording on a much slower virtual box, but it’d be nice to try it out in a newer version.

It works great at least!
Thanks
Ableton 9.7.

Works great but it does not work with my usb hub and I only have two ports on my Macbook pro.
Where can I find some supported usb hubs? What makes a usb hub compatible?
I find overhub too expensive and technologically depleted at this point.

There are a few threads but here is the biggest:

You want “mtt”

3 Likes

Thanks,
I read all those threads and I’m even more confused, especially because Amazon does not deliver in Romania. I have a Digitakt and a Digitone so multi TT shouldn’t be a problem because they are both USB 2.0.

I have overbridge on my windows pc for a year and it works perfectly but i just bought a macbook pro tried to connect my digitakt but i see it as a stand alone and on the engine it says “idle” but when i open the Digitakt plug in it says it doesnt communicate with the engine :confused: any ideas?
running mac os mojave digitakt latest update and the plug in too

and im using Ableton 10 !!!

If you want the hub to have full bandwidth for both products, you want MTT. The implementation is what makes the problem. And you don’t have to buy from Amazon :slight_smile:

They shouldn’t be too hard to find or expensive these says, it’s a cheap and effective upgrade.

2 Likes

Another option, if your MBP has Thunderbolt is a Thunderbolt dock with multiple USB ports.
These are different from hubs.

I use an old IOGEAR TB2 dock that gives me 3 USB 3.0 over Thunderbolt 2. All at full bandwidth.

That said, my MTT USB hubs are just as functional and problem free.

2 Likes

Im on the newest Beta, windows 10 using an Analog Rytm mk2 with the standalone OB app.

What I am dealing with is at the bottom of the screen it says “synchronizing with the device, this may take a short while”. Well it has been 15 minutes and has not synced. I restarted the engine software and the standalone program and that doesn’t seem to fix it.

Anything I should do or check? The knobs already map to to the gui in the plugin and it shows all my sounds loaded properly. But I want to bounce audio down so I’d like to get it synced before I do that.

So assuming on your AR in settings|usb config you have overbridge checked, does the AR prompt you to click yes to sync? This tricked me the first time because I was so focussed on the software and my computer I didnt look at the AR and didnt notice that it was waiting for me.

Yeah I have overbridge checked in settings. Just tried again and my AR doesn’t prompt me at all. Also I noticed that my USB interface has been getting clicks and pops in projects that never did before. I am starting to wonder if I need to mess with USB, maybe the bandwdith is being choked, I dont know. I hgave done all the power suspension optimizations on my PC to make sure USB is always on. Device Manager shows no errors either. The AR has it’s own slot, I don’t use hubs and I have a newer i5-8400 with a lot of USB 3.0 inputs.

Its odd because everything was working fine a few days ago. This is frustrating.

Can someone suggest what USB port I should use with my analog RYTM mkII and overbridge? Im having some serious issues getting this to work. I have an RME in my USB2.0 slot, and that has to be there. I have another slot next to it but I am not sure if I want them to share hubs. I have 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 and 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1.

Searched everywhere and not seeing what is recommended.

I think it does say somewhere in the notes for OB that it requires a direct connection to computer’s USB (i.e. no hubs) - interested if this is not true, and if you get it to work using a hub, or what you experience if you try connecting directly.
edit: my bad I misunderstood when you said “hubs” you didn’t mean external usb hubs. Hope you get it worked out…

1 Like

Hi guys,
Thank you for suggestions and advice. I ended up buying a a cheap(16 euros) USB 2.0(7 ports) hub with a power brick included and it works flawlessly(DT, DN, Roland TR08, Microfreak). The manufacturer is Hama.

https://ro.hama.com/00039859/hama-usb-20-hub-17-with-power-supply-black-cardboard-box?srcLang=27&targetLang=1

I second that. It would be so important to sort out the heavy crackles / glitches while syncing up.
The only workaround atm is to begin 2 bars earlier and cut away the ugly noises while Digitakt is syncing up (it needs 1,5 bars to do so). Please put effort in making it work with Reaper. Thank you.

1 Like

Blockquote They shouldn’t be too hard to find or expensive these says

that was the actual problem, they are hard to find and Google search is not effective because they advertise you al kind of not related products. Even some of the products recomended here on the forum have dead links on Amazon. Regarding the MTT, as the Overbridge 2.0 manual states: it is required when you connect a MK1 Elektron device(usb 1.1).

Anyhow, it was a trial and error process, I tried with 4 USB 3.0 hubs and none of them worked.

Check the mtt hub threads here on Elektronauts for known mtt hubs

1 Like