Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Hey
I recently started to have problems with the plugin window not refreshing and displaying a blank canvas, making it impossible to acces the Total recall options.
The weird thing is that removing the VST and bring it back again will fix the issue, BUT not necesserly at all times.
I am on Win 10 so not sure if an update caused this as it was working perfectly for months.

\Anyone facing this too ?

Sounds like an issue I had after opening a new project, where I was attempting to open the plugin window before I had clicked “yes” on the A4mkII to accept the sync prompt.

2 Likes

will try this

Well, it worked up until I transferred the new OS to the Instruments. Since then they won’t be recognized any more. So… it worked up until 6 Weeks ago and then they came out with the 'fantastic new OS for a4 etc and I updated everything and since then thy are not recognized via USB.
I don’t know how many hours I spent with Elektron and Overbridge but it’s defnetely too many.
I’ll cut it down to Octatrack an AR via Midi, all the othes go into the cellar. Or bay.
Thanks for your time

Are you SURE you checked USB mode? It can get reset, or you can forget to change it back to OB mode. I’m not being patronizing here, I’ve had that happen to me.

1 Like

Me, too. It DID work after the update for a short period of time but next Mac power up, no devices. Overbridge mode most DEFINITELY set on my A4 Keys, Rytm MKII, Digitakt and Digitone.

Same here, does not recognize DT or DTone. OS 10.12.6

worst thing is if you can’t rely on your gear. You don’t want to record everything in case it won’t work the next day your on it. I’m doing film and commercials, I can’t tell the client his sounds are gone. Not very satisfying

Why do you need OB to save sounds?

You’re absolutely right, not for saving sounds. But… Now it doesn’t work at all in the system any more. Just in case I had a Beat from AR and a seq from A4 and some Dirt in the Master section from AH they wouldn’t work any more because they are not recognized my the Engine and Logic. So what happened? All I tried to say is - If I had a track done 6 weeks ago and client needs some changes I had to substitute the Elektrons and it would all sound different

I haven’t experienced that myself. BUT, I’m a pinch, just turn off OB and use TRS and Midi cables and you’re in business.
Still werks totally fine that way.
I actually prefer it. Keeps time better. I dunno…just like that way more.

I really only use OB to help with testing. I find I really don’t much need the extra outs. It’s DEFINITELY handy to have and use time time. But, I kinda like the old school way.

I found it quite handy to use the elektrons with an usb cable only like a plug in. It opened a whole new world. Analog Heat wherever I wanted it. And then, suddenly, they’re all dead

Ya, I can’t get down with that.

But…for the update, did you run the uninstall first? Gotta do that before installing the update. Or there can be issues. (Just checking)

2 Likes

Digitone working well here on windows 7.

just one small bug: the plugin can’t see the sound pool, even after syncing with total recall.

1 Like

I noticed that the sound pool on my A4mkII appears empty until I drag a new sound into it. Then suddenly all the sounds in there suddenly show up. Maybe try that?

2 Likes

@Andibruhn @Joby @ahhooh @horstronic @rgarner

There is a new version with fixes for macOS 10.11 and 10.12.

2 Likes

Hooray! Sounds like a lot of people here will be happy.