Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

YES! :pray:t2: Thanks to all for your input.

cc @Tchu

After more testing, the Live10/Overbridge config I posted works to a point - but there is some strange/unexpected behaviour.

1. Arming External Inst T1 also triggers the VU meters on External Inst tracks T2/T3/T4, as well as showing audio signal in the T1 audio track and the Overbridge plugin track. It’s like there some sort of OMNI mode going on, which doesn’t seem to be related to any DN device or Live10 settings.

2. Arming External Inst T2/T3 or T4 only triggers the VU meters of the corresponding audio track and the Overbridge plugin track. I don’t understand the inconsistency in behaviour between T1 and the other tracks when arming the Ext Inst track?

3. Turning off monitoring on the T1-T4 audio tracks leaves just the DNs FX channel sends being heard.

4. You can’t mute (or solo) the DN audio tracks in Live - you have to mute the tracks on the device or in the OB:DN plugin window. This seems very odd and counterintuitive when composing and mixing.

I don’t know if this channel is being monitored by @Elektron but the above issues are either me being stupid or features/bugs that could use some explanation.

Anyone else seeing any of these?

I have the same problem.
OSX 10.12.6, newest digitakt/heat drivers, no devices connected.
where can I find the previous overbridge version? .24?

please share, or pm the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

I moved to Catalina on 1/3 - Macbook Pro, clean wipe and reinstall of everything. I had a little trouble getting the damn thing to recognize the gear at the start. Since it worked in Mojave just fine I figured it probably wasn’t the gear so I uninstalled Overbridge then reinstalled, then reinstalled a second time and since then my Heat, Digitone and Analog Four MkII all work as expected in Live. I haven’t stress tested it or anything but initial testing seemed fine.

As an aside, Catalina feels way more like getting a new computer than Mojave did. The little subtle (and not so subtle) differences will take some getting used to for sure.

so moving back to 2.0.24 did the trick. my devices are now recognized.
there seems to be something wrong with 2.0.30!

@digitalgeist since you’re on Catalina with OB and DN, do you see any of the issues I report here?: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-30-public-beta/114711/171?u=jaybee6244

back to 2.0.24 as A4 MK1 not recognized. also unable to use overbridge in ableton and
an external midi keyboard on auto channel to play the active channel on the A4.
reverted to L/R out to desk and midi in from keyboard and all was well.strange.

Just a small thing…the text of the download links in the very first post are linking to newer versions. 1.3 for Digitone e.g. or 1.5 for A4 mk2. Just in case, someone wonders…

Installing 1.3 for Digitone now, and testing the new overbridge version with it in Bitwig 3.1.1…

What OS are you using? I have no issues with A4 MK1. but i did have issues getting it to be recognized after first 2.0.30 installation, as mentioned up here.

What OS are you using? I have no issues with A4 MK1. but i did have issues getting it to be recognized after first 2.0.30 installation, as mentioned up here.

1.3 for Digitone?

I tried this and it downloads 1.21 for Digitone. Did Digitakt have a newer OS that downloaded from the top post as well? Very curious what updates we will be getting! Any idea what the changes in 1.3 for DN are?

Just been using the latest Overbridge for the first time with my A4 MK2 for a few hours with no problems at all on OS Catalina. Worked fine in Live 10 Suite will try in Logic X tomorrow.

1 Like

I just found out…the zip archive is named 1.3, but yes it contains only the full 1.21. So, i am sorry…no 1.3. not now.
But the good news…the new overbridge version and Bitwig 3.1.1. works just fine together! At least on my iMac 2017, with MacOS 10.13.6.

Sorry, it seems, the archive is just named 1.3. Inside was only 1.21.

I upgraded to OB 2.0.30, boy do I regret it. I am running OS10.13.6 and now OB does not see the DT. I have trashed and reloaded OB 2.0.30 and previous editions several times since and no joy.
Followed the manual, just noticed that the prompt as in step 4 never shows up. Any suggestions?
If this ain’t fixed soon, the DT could be flying out the window without a seatbelt…Grrrrrr.

1. Download and install Overbridge
  2. Restart the computer, and then open System Preferences (from Apple menu at top left corner of display).
  3. Click Security & Privacy in the System Preferences window.
  4. Click Allow on the “Ploytec Gmbh” entry (at lower right of General pane) within 30 minutes of the Overbridge installation.

running 10.13.6, OB 2.0.30 beta and DT 1.11 here – works fine for me.

step 4 (Ploytec Gmbh allow) is only needed upon the first installation of OB.
it won’t appear if you’ve updated the OB install from a previous 2.0 version.
is the DT’s system/usb config set to Overbridge?

1 Like