Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Works for me, even with a Virus TI attached in addition. Possibly it’s just the usual: we didn’t test it so we can’t take any guarantees.

Although the Virus TI was very unstable in the beginning and suddenly started working. As there is no real reason for that I don’t trust it…

Have you checked the midi channel settings? You set the incoming channel there.

On the DN? They’re set to 1/2/3/4 for the corresponding track.

Need more infos. Is your MIDI Controller connected via USB to your computer? I need to see your MIDI Preferences in Ableton.

Yep, MIDI controller in through USB to computer - which works fine when not in Overbridge mode on DN - I would simply change the midi channel on the Keylab to play each DN track patch. I’ll post a grab of my Live MIDI settings tomorrow.

If this picture can help.

If you want to play Track 1, just Arm Record DN MIDI T1, If you want to play Track 2, just Arm Record DN MIDI T2, etc.

Tell me if it works. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I have problem with new OB and A4 mk2. If I want use OB with A4 couple of minutes are all ok but after that, A4 stop and OB engine have mesage “Failed”. If I push play on A4 all is ok just OB is not working. Another devices working like dream. If I turn off and again on A4 OB get correct status “idle” or “connected” depends if I using OB. I have High Sierra and Ableton 10. I already open ticket week ago with this issue but no answer from Elektron. Probably holiday. Any suggestions how to make OB working? I tried all common things like a replace firmware, new usb cable , new power supply, change usb port.

@Tchu ok so I’ve done as suggested. Arming the DN midi track allows me to play all tracks/patches BUT I then can’t arm the DN audio track to record the audio. So this is partially what I was expecting - but not completely. Unless I’m misunderstanding the functionality…

So you’re telling me that you can’t record in the Digitone?

Using the method you suggest, you can arm the midi track, but you can’t then arm the audio track. So you have to record midi, then playback the midi with the audio track armed. Which means you can’t record the digitone live using the configuration you showed.

Have you enabled Receive MIDI Notes in the Digitone Settings?

Great tip man! thank you so much you saved me hours of swearing! made my day!

1 Like

as suggested by the user
kumachu
please see below, it works!

Use “External Instrument” instrument. Set it like that:
“MIDI To” Elektron Digitone
Channel Ch. 2, 3 or 4
However audio will go to the track with the Digitone VST plugin

YES! :pray:t2: Thanks to all for your input.

cc @Tchu

After more testing, the Live10/Overbridge config I posted works to a point - but there is some strange/unexpected behaviour.

1. Arming External Inst T1 also triggers the VU meters on External Inst tracks T2/T3/T4, as well as showing audio signal in the T1 audio track and the Overbridge plugin track. It’s like there some sort of OMNI mode going on, which doesn’t seem to be related to any DN device or Live10 settings.

2. Arming External Inst T2/T3 or T4 only triggers the VU meters of the corresponding audio track and the Overbridge plugin track. I don’t understand the inconsistency in behaviour between T1 and the other tracks when arming the Ext Inst track?

3. Turning off monitoring on the T1-T4 audio tracks leaves just the DNs FX channel sends being heard.

4. You can’t mute (or solo) the DN audio tracks in Live - you have to mute the tracks on the device or in the OB:DN plugin window. This seems very odd and counterintuitive when composing and mixing.

I don’t know if this channel is being monitored by @Elektron but the above issues are either me being stupid or features/bugs that could use some explanation.

Anyone else seeing any of these?

I have the same problem.
OSX 10.12.6, newest digitakt/heat drivers, no devices connected.
where can I find the previous overbridge version? .24?

please share, or pm the link :slight_smile: