Overbridge 2.0.19 Public Beta

No.

Not an error. The effects are sends meaning there is one delay fed by the other tracks. The return feed is routed to the main outs, hence why you hear it when monitoring the main (½) outs.

2 Likes

Ok I figure out the reason of stuttering.
If I open the “edit/sequence/pattern” view in the studio one, the cracking/stuttering/distortion/missing beat will present.

But if I close the that view can only look at arrangement/console view, overbridge run perfectly fine without any crackling at all…Any one have solution for this?

This is working better for me than the previous version. I was getting glitches before. Now everything sounds smooth so far, but periodically my Digitone becomes completely unresponsive and has to be turned off and on again. (Mac OS Mojave)

I’m wanting to use my digitakt live and having a tempo control on my digitakt would be very handy.

Thanks again for your reply. I’m fairly new to the digitakt so I’m just trying to find my way.

turn off clock/transport on the OB plug in and “receive clock” on the DT. Turn on “send clock” on the DT and “Ext” on ableton (dunno about other DAW).

I have DT as the master clock and it seems to work fine tbh, not sure exactly why this “the wrong way” to do this (interested to find out though!)

If you have DAW as master clock, it’s a lot trickier to change tempo from pattern to pattern for example…

1 Like

of course, you could set up a MIDI channel on the DT with a CC to control ableton’s tempo which would achieve the Tempo control you want on the DT while leaving this set up the same…

glad to see beta stage progressing so fast!

2 Likes

Ah, thank you so much astricii! So I did find a bug then, but it was with me. :wink:

1 Like

This is also where the audio routing menu in either global or pattern setup pages comes in handy. You can mute the dry signal coming out of the mains to treat it as a fx return track only. And get the dry signal from the other track(s). Of course it’s a good idea to work one track at a time when doing this so you can grab an fx tail that doesn’t have a mix of instruments.

1 Like

Thnx for posting will update now!

That would have worked but my DAW (reason) doesn’t seem to want to play.

This is frustrating.

Having your DAW as slave is fine for jamming but WILL NOT work for recording as the clock fluctuations will destroy your recording, as you will notice if you try it and play it back with a steady clock.

Am I crazy to hope that somehow Overbridge will ever be compatible with Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)?

Overbridge 1 supports 10.10 but it seems unlikely to me that Overbridge 2 ever will.

Is the beta firmware for AH stable?
Any known issues with OB and AH?

What do we expect for timing on a final release? I’m reluctant to upgrade from a working 1.15 before a release version.

Ok, this is probably a dumb question, though I didn’t want to make a whole thread for it.

Right now i’m running 1.11 Beta 6, and one of the things I was psyched on using was the scale per track feature. However, if I hit Func+Page, followed by Func+Yes I only see LENGTH per track as an option.

Pattern meanwhile has M. length (what is this? Doesn’t seem to do anything?) Ch. length and scale. How do I adjust scale per track? I even looked up a YouTube tutorial and this page looked totally different for the person who uploaded the video.

You need to upgrade your firmware to 1.11, not 1.11 Beta 6. Also it sounds like you need to spend some time going through the Digitakt manual if you’re not clear on M. Length and the rest of those settings, that’s definitely something that you need to know.

1 Like

Got it - I thought Beta 6 was just the “Overbridge version” of 1.11. I probably am overdue for a brush up on the manual. Thanks.