Overbridge 2.0.19 Public Beta

If you record a track you are monitoring, then zoom in, you will see that the first beat (say you have a kick on beat 1) will come in late.

If you create a new audio track, with the same input from Overbridge, mute it for monitoring and record on that one while monitoring from the original track, there will be no latency.

There was an excellent YouTube video of this, but I can’t find it as there’s like a trillion that are similar.

I tried this myself and it works 100%. Try it.

Hi,

so sorry but here with an AKeys (current firm) actual Win 10 OB 2.0.19 crashes immediately.:astonished::frowning: Standalone or Vst same issue.
2.0.17 works absolut fine in the same constellation with same hardware.

1 Like

Anyone having issues with Analog Four MK1 on the latest versions? It works as an audio interface, but doesn’t work via the VSTs. Overbridge engine says status “idle”. VST says “The paired device is disconnected… etc” It clearly isn’t - my system recognises it and it’s fully usable as an ASIO audio interface.

My bad - was stuck on the old version of the VST. Ensure to clear out your Elektron VST folder before upgrading.

1 Like

Did not make an in depth test but sync seems to be pretty stable…once it is established.
I have a test project (syncing with Reaper DAW) and Overbridge. Everything is on the newest FW.
Digitakt glitches when starting playback for about the first quarter note, then everything is fine.
I can live with that of course for studio use. But syncing the digitakt live…this is a fun killer.

Yes I wrote about this for the last two versions of overbridge beta. I am using a Rytm mk1. I sent in a trouble ticket, but didn’t get a reply.

1 Like

Hi,
Are you going for an update to support Cubase? In the current state the plugin seems to play audio when imported in a track, but it is not possible to record.

Also would be nice if the plugin would have a visual editor for the patterns; so we can stop using pen and paper to write down which pattern in which bank does what, and chain them more intuitively via Overbridge.

So far got no crashes; really stable product; excellent job.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overhub/Overbridge Issue

Before I install. Can anybody tell me if this will work in OSX 10.9.5 , I would like to avoid an upgrade to osx 10.12 if it’s possible ?

Thanks

Hi,
I´ve tested it again and again. Install without problem, but when i start the app or the vst start for an half second before it crash totally.
AnalogKeys MK1 (current firm) an an actual Win 10 OB 2.0.19
Standalone or Vst same issue.
2.0.17 works absolut fine in the same constellation with same hardware. So it must a failure of the 2.019 Is there anybody who had the same problem?

1 Like

Yeah, I returned to .17 out of the same reasons. Crashes, freezes, not just in standalone mode, but vst, hardware and daw too. Not that .17 hasn’t got any issues, it does, it’s just waay more stable than .19.

Edit: using a 2018 mac and up to date mojave.

Btw, just logged in to check if any other nauts share the same troubles… so it seems.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Anyone else trying to use their interface as a clock instead of OB and having the OB latency compensation throwing everything out? I can’t get an answer from Elektron and I don’t wanna go through the whole ordeal of installing then going back to the closed beta if it’s still there.

(see previous post^)

AnalogKeys mk 1 standalone and vst crashes instantly with 2.0.19. Poof!!

where’s the Logic Pro version?

Studio One 4.5.3 crashes with 2.0.19. too! With A4 MKII…

Using a Digitakt. Does input monitoring on the Recording screen work for anyone when using the OB plugin? I’m able to record samples as expected but I can’t monitor them through the Digitakt first. Works normally without OB.

1 Like

Just tried overbridge 2 with windows 10 and got a blue screen!!! I didn’t get a blue screen in half a decade:) Anyway i didnt do anythign special. Updated Analog Keys (MK1) firmwar _> Installed Overbridge -> Restarted -> Opened Overbridge Pannel -> Opened Analog Keys Stand alone -> Bluescreen

I just tried with 2.0.17 and it works. So 2.0.19 is incompatible iwth my system

Allright after about jamming for 5 minutes in ableton 10 2.0.17 crashed ableton. _=)

I just uninstalled 2.0.19 as I think it’s been causing real instability on my system. Random lock ups, sound drops, OB2 sound stops working requiring a hard device reset. I believe this has been happening ever since 2.0.18 so I may try 2.0.17 once I prove my system is stable again.

MacOS 10.14.6 (18G95)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Logic 10.4.6
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen)

Digitone and Analog Heat Mkii both with latest firmware.

Edit: 2.0.19 has been removed from my system (not running any OB now) and the system has been rock solid. No locks, drops, etc. This has been bugging me for months but at least I have the culprit. Will try 2.0.17 tomorrow.

Odd that some people don’t have any issues and others are having a miserable time. Interface incompatibilities?