Overbridge 2.0.16 Public Beta

Reverting back to the previous version was not very successful :frowning: Overbridge became extremely unstable (both in plugin form and standalone), so I had to go back again to the latest version.

I hope Elektron fixes the Sound Pool and Bank problem quickly. The banks I can swap around, but it feels weird that the Sound Pool doesn’t correctly show what I have there.

/C

Overbridge plugin v2.0.16.4Beta 64-bit can see my Analog Rytm MKII (running OS 1.46_BETA1) but cannot see my Analog Four MKII (running OS 1.36_BETA2): device drop down menu says “Please select device!” and “No device selected!”. Running Ableton Live Suite 10.1 on Windows 10.

Is anybody having the same issue I have? Rytm mk 1 only streaming audio from master channel. No audio from individual channels.

Have you enabled them in the Overbridge Control Panel app?

I’m also having a problem with automation on Logic Pro for both Analog Heat MkII and Digitone. If I try to automate either one, the sound will go just crazy.

Hang in there Elektron - you are getting there. Big operational improvement from the last OB over here. I’m sure in the end it will be perfect.

We appreciate you.

2 Likes

Overbridge 2.0.16.6 Beta

Small update that fixes compatibility issues with projects saved before 2.0.14 . Will instead not work with projects between 2.0.14-2.0.16.4 but will instead be future proof.

The only thing that is affected if if you have automated pattern mutes in the Digitone and Digitakt plugin in projects between 2.0.14-2.0.16.4 .

All other plugins/units are unaffected.

Mac:
Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.16.6_Beta.dmg (69 MB)

Win:
Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.16.6_Beta.zip (50 MB)

3 Likes

Any other updates in this one or just what is stated?

Apparently not. The Bank + Pool bug is still there.

/C

1 Like

I love seeing these updates! It’s great to know that the team is making regular improvements, I haven’t used my Digitakt too much lately since I’ve been working on my keyboard playing but I’ll start building more projects again soon. Does anyone know if the MIDI latency only occurs when using OB2?

1 Like

Yes… this only started happening with the latest update.

Still hanging midi notes. :unamused:

yes latency only with OB, and via midi out specifically not the USB

No luck getting the control panel to recognize my Digitakt. DT firmware is updated to 1.11, driver isn’t blocked by security preferences, usb cable connected, usb midi enabled, what am I missing? Any help appreciated!

After installing this update, my analogue rhythm stopped falling into the notes correctly. In the time of setting the note “B” I used 0, now I need to put +1
and so on all 16 pedam. everything plays the wrong notes.
calibration does not help

Have you enabled OB mode in USB Config?

1 Like

Ha, no, didn’t even know that was a thing. Thx!

I hope this is the right place. I have 2 questions about Digitakt/Overbridge:

• is it possible to sample input signals via overbridge?
  • how do I record the fx for each track? there was a workaround but I forgot where it was…
1 Like

1 - plug external sounds into digitakt in , and in the digitakt app , select the casette icon.
you can monitor/record the inputs.

1. you can route fx to main outs, track1 to 8 can use their own channels.

if you want only track 1 fx , you would need to mute tracks 2 to 8 … you cant record tracks 1 to 8 fx induvidually unless you mute the ones you dont want.

that way , you’ll have dry track and FX only to use within ableton etc.

simply - yes you can do both , and much more info on how to do it is littered throughout the forums for routing FX to main outs etc.

1 Like

Hello, I am dictating this note since I have a broken right hand so I have to keep it a little short. I recently installed the new Overbridge Beta as well as the new firmware for the Digitakt. The previous overbridge Beta was working fine and I believe I have checked all the necessary boxes in terms of the installation yet the Digitakt is not being recognized or found by the overbridge software. I see one message in the over bridge control panel that says “if you have connected your device and still get this message, ensure that you have allowed the driver to run in system preferences security and privacy”.

I am afraid I do not quite know what to do to enable this. Has anyone had this experience and do you know how to allow that driver to run in system preferences on the Mac?

Thank you for any help!