Overbridge 2.0.16 Public Beta

You cannot freeze or render tracks with the plugin in Ableton. You need to record it to a different track in real-time. Freeze and render is assuming that the host/DAW has full control of the plugin and can manipulate time. Since there is an analog unit at the other end that cannot see the future like a computer in this case can, it will simply not work. I some host/DAWs it works, in most it will not and it’s out of our control.

8 Likes

Got it - I figured. Thanks!

1 Like

Does anyone experience any sudden freezes that ends up with a LOUD noise that is constant with RYTM Mk1? This only happens when using OB but that’s how usually it is used in my setup. The only way to stop the noise is to turn off the VST, restart the hardware and then it works regularly again. The hardware is still responding when the hang/freeze happens, so I am suspecting OB is the culprit, this has been an ongoing issue for me though but I was hoping that this would be solved with OB2.

1 Like

Zoom is not saving nor there is recall for it… Every time i close and reopen the plugin window, its 100% again.

1 Like

Very true. Zoom not right.

I still have trouble with occasional and highly annoying glitches/dropouts using Overbridge 2 beta. Any solutions to this? I’m using overhub to connect A4, RYTM and Heat (all MK1), could that have to do with it?

Hello

Apologies if this has already been covered in one of the several threads, but the levels Im getting over USB from the Digitakt in Ableton are very low. Kicks at -24dB etc. The mixer in the Overbridge plugin is maxed out. What else can I do the improve this? Having to gain boost every piece of recorded audio is a bit boring

Thanks

Thanks, I’m now one step closer. Overbridge on Ableton is now talking to the A4MKII.

However when I play a clip in Ableton a pattern on the A4MKII starts playing, as well as the notes from the Ableton midi clip.

Q: How can I play a a midi clip in Ableton without launching a pattern on the A4MKII?
Thank you in advance.

Not possible, if you are using the A4 to sequence it’s basically like a second DAW that syncs. Options are to use a blank pattern, or do all of your sequencing in the DAW using the A4 as a sound module. Doing the latter you could still p-lock parameters to steps but just not use note triggers.

1 Like

Just wanted to stop by and say that my DigiTone worked flawlessly in both Bitwig and VCV 1.0 via Overbridge!

Access to individual audio outs through one cable and without a soundcard is pretty damn awesome!

1 Like

Rytm Mk1 : After 15 Min approx Overbridge loses its connection and the symbol turns red. Restarting the Rytm works…oh and there’s a 10 second dropout every 3-4 Min while running in Ableton 10.1 on a Mac 12 Core @ 256 Buffer. High Sierra 10.3.2 /Not used as sound-card/ The ONLY Elektron attached.

Do you have Reduced Latency on in Ableton?

Had this issue since the very first beta and they basically told me Im screwed and they have no solution for this. Give up on this ever working

This new version doesn’t even load the plugin into Ableton Live 10.1. It causes and immediate crash of Ableton when attempting to load either the VST or Audio Unit version of the plugin. Tried resetting live and makes no difference. Mac OSX 10.14.5

I think that you’re overreacting a little. We just currently don’t know why this rare issue happens and are investigating it. We have come as far as been able to recreate it our self, but we are still unsure why, and a solution will take some time.

2 Likes

New release 2.0.17 is out and can be found here:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-17-public-beta

2 Likes