Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Also yip
DT also sounds much better analogue out…there is magic in the signal chain when its not stemming out over usb…the master comp and reverb is like black magic sorcery that no pluggin can mimic…its not just the ARMkii…

But…my virus is the same…better through the trs out into a pre…the ti usb audio is 2nd rate…but the choice is great…

2 Likes

How does the Heat work in overbridge? Do you have the same issues with degraded quality over USB there?

Am having sync drift problems with Digitakt and ableton 10. OB 2.0.112

2 posts were split to a new topic: Jmelland’s off topic posts (OB thread)

Hey Guys - So I am running an Analog 4 MK II with the latest Firmware + Overbridge Latest Firmware Beta. I have setup all of my tracks both the VST dedicated + 4X midi and 4X audio to receive. Once I set the Analog 4 into Overbridge mode it completely disappears now from the Ableton midi preferences menu. I have tried to route all of my midi channels to send midi from the dedicated midi tracks I have created. The VST reads the analog 4 and all of the functions can be manipulated but I get no sound. I am stumped at this point. Not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

When sending pgm changes from Digitakt via Overbridge, it sends another program change message to pgm 1 right after. Is this an issue or misconfiguration?

Ive already submitted this, i got a response about it. Ill dig it out and foward.

If your using Logic you can filter the 1 out.
Gimme a bit to dog out the reply. Its apparently bu design.

Thank you. I’ll be waiting patiently. :slight_smile:

I’m using Ableton Standard.

So mine sends Prog Change Num then a 0
I noticed this in Logic Env Monitor. (Yours seems to follow with a 1). This was the response i got…

“It is likely that the problem is that the Digitakt only send program change through MSB messages and that the BOSS SE-70 need a LSB bank change message for banks to change. The bank parameter on the SRC page sends MIDI CC 0, so that’s one part of the message. Just add MIDI CC 32 on the AMP page and then parameter lock both of these values on a trig and that should make the change work as expected.

This has been an ongoing discussion at Elektron HQ. We follow the MIDI standard for bank change, but not all manufacturers do and that sometimes causes problems like this. ”

Problem is im making prog changes manually from the Midi page encoders, not with trigs.
So i have to filter the 0 message in Logic

Thank you!

Trigs do add a MIDI CC 1 after too and another CC 32 trig on the AMP page is also not working here.

Big bummer for me! Still got 2 weeks left for returning the DT though…

Or I get the Suite from Ableton for another 300 bugs, hoping one of the midi msg filters for M4L does the job. :roll_eyes:

Btw this issue is just in overbridge mode, usb-midi only mode is working just fine.

Interesting! Im gonna have to check that. Not sure if im in OB mode. Good thing to point out to Elektron (if they dont know already)

Prob fine if you use a midi cable. You can do OB and midi at the same time.

You can def set up filters with m4l.

hmm, one idea: if you’re on a Mac try checking your Audio MIDI Setup preferences (or equivalent on PC?). I’ve had devices duplicate in there and the DAW isn’t able to pick which one it’s referencing, and so no device shows up in the DAW. Delete the dupes if there are any, restart your cpu or at least restart the session and it should appear.

Thanks, I cleaned up some unused MIDI devices (Mac). But still the same behaviour.
Immedialety after firing a pgm change it sends another to pgm 1 - when using overbridge.

A working work-around is phealams hint with using a midi cable though. I put on from digitakt to my audio interface and set the digitakt to send midi out only. Thank you for this!

Is there a workaround to get the drivers to work on Windows 7?

This worked for me too:

Thanks! I tried that earlier and it didn’t work, but maybe I didn’t do it right. Will keep at it.

Same thing as Spacelordmother… Black screen when open on Windows 7… Thanks for help!

Hi!.. I have the update 1.10 on my Digitakt and i’ve install the Overbridge 2.0.11.2, but it says that the ‘‘Firmware’’ of the Digitakt is not compatible… I don’t see another update version… Somebody can help!??.. Thanks!!

You have to flash the 1.11 beta 6 firmware on your Digitakt to get OB working. Look in the 1st post of this thread.

1 Like

Thanks Peter!.. I’m trying but there’s another issue… not able to tranfert the Os update… the ‘‘Elektron Transfer’’ don’t recognise the Digitakt (no divices connected)… it already happened , and just restarting my computer worked… but not this time!