Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Can you explain how the midi clock malfunctions and in which scenario (which DAW, OS, electron device, etc.)?

1 Like

in studio one crash the system whit this plugin

IĀ“d delete all vst and au files from the systems folder and re-install overbridge. Then use the ā€œre-scan pluginsā€ in Ableton. Elektron moved the location of the plugins at some point, maybe your system is using an old version without you knowing about it.

Loses the rhythm. Simple and concise.

The MIDI Clock It is still unstable. Everything works perfect except Analog Rytm MKII.

With MIDI Clock:
Analog Rytm MKII
Virus TI2
Nord Modular G2
Nord Micromodular
Drumbrute
Minibrute 2S
Maschine MKII
ā€¦
Box with 32 knobs Doepfer
Kontrol X1
Novation Zero MKII

macOS Mojave 10.14.3, Ableton 10.0.6 and or_ Maschine 2 v2.8

How do you determine that the MIDI clock is unstable? Why Iā€™m asking is for a few reasons.
The Rytm is quite honest in displaying the MIDI clock and donā€™t filter the displayed value, this means that if you look at the value on the unit it can look unstable even if it isnā€™t more unstable than anything else.
Overbridge is also not using MIDI to sync the device when in Overbridge mode at all. It uses another protocol.

4 Likes

Canā€™t assign any input channels on my Rytm mk1 even at 16 bit?

Using OB1 I could assign the max (6) at 24 bit - what am i doing wrong?

I am running 10.9.5, on MBP Retina Late 2013 2.3 i7, but have seen users say that OB2 works fine on 10.9.5?

I think what they are saying is (i honestly havent read the whole thread :grin: ) when you sync from a daw, im guessing, the tempo on the boxes fluctuates from +/- 1bpm. But perhaps they dont know that that is normal and that daw clock is the culprit.
(im guessing)
But as far as ive experienced, i never see the fluctuation when using other gear as clock. But it always happens when i sync to Logic, I will add, with ZERO effect on sync.

If the fluctuating tempo makes you uneasyā€¦get off the tempo screen. Outta sight outta mind. :wink:
Werks for me.

If im way off base, delete this post please.

1 Like

Anyone know a way to get Overbridge to work in Win8.1 Enterprise. Really donā€™t wanna spend $199 just to use Overbridge. :frowning:

Hi all.

I might be confused with settings, but when I try to pass through midi from Ableton via A4 mk2 USB to A4mk2 midi through nothing comes out.
Obviously because itĀ“s not showing up as a midi-interface. Can this be done at all ?

Ableton -> USB -> A4 -> midi though (or out) -> Nord Lead midi in

Windows 10/macOS 10.12 only.

working like a charm with AH mkI and my iMac with Mojave.

1 Like

estimation for Digitone, because what i didnā€™t like is , if you sell a product and you put on the box all the great things it should do ā€¦ and in the end the software is not even yet written. maybe its better to change the box and advert on it too ā€¦ or state clearly that it is in development ā€¦ misleading commercial info

1 Like

Strange Pitch/Tempo shifts on Digitakt.
Audio Crash (like a super short loop) when use automation on Analog Heat.
Ableton Live / High Sierra on Macbook Pro late 2013.

I ended up spending the $199 to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Worth it. Overbridge made the purchase worth it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve posted this as a separate thread but thought I might get more help hereā€¦ hope thatā€™s okā€¦

I think this is a feature of Overbridge but even after reading the manual and this forum, Iā€™m not 100% sureā€¦

Can you sample from the DAW via the Overbridge plugin and so routing into the Digitakt? I can see that the Digitakt now has a USB input option when sampling, and the plugin seems to have input channels, but I canā€™t figure out how to do this.

Iā€™m using REAPER, which even exposes an ā€œinputā€ track when inserting Overbridge as a multichannel instrument. But all to no avail for me so far.

Has anyone been able to do this? If so, how? Iā€™m not wanting to use the soundcard option but rather go through the plugin, if I can.

Many thanks for any pointers.

Hi Guys,

So I have downloaded Overbridge twice with one uninstall. I still get this message popping up. Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Cheers

Sebastian

The error message is wrong and will be changed in the next update. What itā€™s supposed to say is that ā€œEngine is already runningā€ and means that you(or the system) have tried to start Engine while its already running.

3 Likes

Thanks Olle for the quick reply. Strange thing is that I get the message even after a reboot. Unless overbridge is set to turn on automatically on start up?

Cheers

Sebastian

hey
Since the last update (software) I get a lot of crakling from the A4 plugin, at this stage its not usable anymore. There is also pitch drops on the sounds.
anyone else noticing this ?

2 Likes

I have had something similar however on PC with a virus TI. Windows was storing settings (for faster bootup), and i kept getting an error when trying to launch Virus TI softwareā€¦telling me that the device was already running and there were not enough system resorcesā€¦what fixed it on pc was holding down shift while shutting downā€¦this cleared the cacheā€¦and next time i started up the problem was no moreā€¦took about 4minutes to boot thoughšŸ¤£

Might be worth investigatingā€¦if Mac has a similar shut down procedure that clears cacheā€¦(i know nothing about macs) could be a wild goose chase but i thought it worth a mentionā€¦

1 Like