Overbridge 1.15 with Intel Core 2 Duo

Is anybody using Overbridge 1.15 with a computer that has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor successfully?

I have a MBP mid 2010 and am hoping I could use it with an AR.

Have looked around and didn’t find this addressed specifically.

It doesn’t look hopeful but any info would be appreciated.

System requirements
An Overbridge compatible device with the most recent OS installed.
A computer running either Windows (7 SP1, 8 or 10.1) or Mac OS (10.8 – 10.12) and that also supports OpenGL 3.2 or above.
A monitor with a resolution of at least 1280 x 768 pixels.
An A-to-B USB cable.
Note! Older Apple computers with Xeon or Intel Core 2 Duo processors are not supported.

Contact Technical support to see with them if there a workaround

1 Like

Thanks Will, I will do that.

1 Like

I have the same MBP as you. I haven’t tried 1.15 but OB wasn’t working for me on 1.10.

Actually it was kinda strange. It worked during several hours, but I had to do things in a special order.
Like having the Control Panel launched and USB cable plugged before I set my AK in OB mode.
Otherwise I would get kernel panics and had to restart my laptop.

Then it would get even worse. I managed to set it in Ableton but I wasn’t able to see my whole +Drive library in OB and changing a parameter in the plugin resulted in kernel panics too.

Support team told me it was indeed a common problem with Core2Duo computers. It was back in september, but I guess they haven’t found a workaround.

It’s quite a weird issue … All DAWs are compatible with these systems…

Whatever I spared some money and bought a new 15" MPB. It was time for an update anyway, but not everybody can afford it… I’m still waiting for it to be delivered, but I hope it will work!
I just saw that they highlighted that Core2Duo systems aren’t supported. A few months ago, I only found this information on the support page. It’s a good thing they added it. They would be inspired to find a workaround because new 13" MPB and other systems still come out with Core2Duos.

I don’t think that’s right. The latest 13" MBP uses Core i5.

Core2Duo processors are about 8 years old. My old 2008 15" MBP used a Core2Duo Penryn processor, whereas my 2012 MBP uses a Core i7 IvyBridge processor.

I’m pretty sure any Mac with a Core2Duo processor is going to be 5 or more years old, and thus due for an upgrade.

This is the first sign of incompatibility warranting the purchase of a new computer.

Effectivity matters most to me, not age.

Maybe a work around will happen who knows, waiting to hear back from the experts.

Thank you for sharing. I’m pretty much just going to use OB to multitrack, maybe it could work… I appreciate the detailed account of your issues… hope your new machine will get you going!