Overbridge 1.15 Hiccups

I’ve got my rytm mk1 & analog keys running into an overhub going into my iMac Retina 4k 2017
interface: MOTU 828es
daw: Logic 10.4.2

issue: the audio hiccups, it glitches and sometimes the tempo even speeds up and the pitch goes higher.

I’ve got my interface running at 48k

here’s my logic preferences
i/o buffer size: 128
process buffer range: small

overbridge settings:
buffer size 256
margin 125

i really don’t want to have to record everything individually through my interface, any help wouldbe appreciated.

i just changed the buffer size in overbridge to match logic’s. 128. If the huccup continues i will report back here.

Have you downloaded the 2.0 Beta?

no, i’m wondering if updating might fix this or cause me more headaches
i’ve got tracks that are due at the end of the month

It stands to reason that if you’re looking for issues to be resolved in OB1, you’d want to get the most up to date version.

At least to me.

1 Like

I take the absence of any updates to mean all is working well, then. This certainly sounds congruent with my experience (mismatched buffers yielding issues).

The biggest issue I ever dealt with (which has been fixed in OB2) was the fact that a host’s (Ableton’s) buffer higher than 512 samples would cause the entire program to crash. Now it simply does nothing. :slight_smile:

Extended anecdote for humor: The first thing I did upon purchasing the Rytm MK1 was to create a default template with all streams of audio routed to separate channels and grouped, etc. This, paired with the aforementioned phenomena led to a maddening stint of hours at a later date where Ableton would repeatedly crash upon booting (the default template) due to retaining the sample buffer of the last session.

A word of sage advice: If anyone reading this insists on using OB 1.15 in Live, and would like to set up a default template, make damn sure you set Overbridge to inactive before saving the template to allow you to adjust the buffer setting upon booting, lest it be changed to a larger size and closed without thinking.

It’s still giving me some hiccups, but not nearly as bad. I’m kind of used to working with various issues. This is a new rig, i used to have an apogee ensemble & mac pro 2008 8 core. overbridge would make my computer kernel panic at least once a day.

I might end up recording the tracks using the individual outs, A friend might be letting me borrow an additional interface so i can have 20 ins.

1 Like

I also lowered the buffer to 64 in ob & logic; and lowered the margin to 50

I honestly rarely went lower than 256. That said, it was never as solid as OB2 has been so far. That said, I am on a MK2 now, so. Take this all with a grain of salt if you wish.

i can’t take the risk; overbridge still still has hiccups, but less frequently.