(Over)drive in Festivals

When I compare Rytm to TR-8S, Digis or Octatrack on YT, Rytm is very strongly overdriven, which is very distinct and does make me go wild as I play, but I am wondering how this sound characteristic works in club/festival context.
Can you recommend a performer using Rytm in festival context, such as at Ozora, Burning Man, Boom or at club techno parties? I would like to see and hear how far they go - and to what response.

Atlantik use the Rytm and have some live sets from festivals on their Soundcloud:

1 Like

I use RYTM live and it kicks hard on a big system. I never use the master overdrive past 9 o’clock unless for effect… it does add bass in an uncontrollable way so can make the sub less clean which lowers impact if you’re not careful, so make sure you high pass everything apart from kick and bass.

I can send the latest versions of my album which is 100% Rytm LR if you’d like to hear

2 Likes

Thanks for your answers.

@Tikoda If you could share, please do. Do you also fire instrument samples with this in the tracks you share - ah, you wrote. Very interested to hear.

@Orest Altantik, an awesome find by the way. Useful to know they use Rytm for drums.

1 Like

I’d be more worried about the alkaline dust eating my Rytm :rofl:

2 Likes

I believe @blushresponse uses Rytm live:

@SierraOskar
Apparently, MK1 aboard ^^ I heard him in more polished productions, but that kind of raw raving is my instinct.

By the way, turns out the guy has a YT channel with reviews and tips. Feels totally organic at a glance esp compared to the multitude shot by ‘parametricians’ LOL

@Octagonist
So unless it is too harsh to your taste, PA systems don’t have special demands.:laughing:

Just discovered example from Boiler Room proves the point Blush Response Boiler Room Berlin Live Set - YouTube

Here is a whole set just with an AR by Dapyak. It‘s amazing how this machine can sound when treated well.

OK, so that’s the intensity of overdrive I meant: Relic | TOTAL

Probably would not want to crank it up much further anyway.